Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   River value? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540455)

WHEN_WE_ESCAPE 11-07-2007 12:56 PM

Re: River value?

Sounds like the flop is bad to most of you, but OP doesn't seemed concerned with that.

As played, ikestoys, what is your river action?

the machine 11-07-2007 01:01 PM

as played there is obv no value on river given how you have arrived there. b/c <<<< b/f <<<<< c/c < c/f

thanks for the BBV flame, then this post. def made me lol

ikestoys 11-07-2007 01:01 PM

4 draws, 2 hit... couple of weaker made hands out there, but not sure if he calls with them. We should have some sort of read on whether or not he bluffs here much.

Basically, c/c or b/f... leaning towards b/f

sh58 11-07-2007 01:11 PM

bet/fold $39

also: he doesn't seem like a good reg from his stats

markuisis 11-07-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4 draws, 2 hit... couple of weaker made hands out there, but not sure if he calls with them. We should have some sort of read on whether or not he bluffs here much.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain either has a weak pair or a draw IMO, very unlikely a bet gets called by something we beat. Like u said though 4 draws, 2 hit, i think ppl r less likely to bet a busted draw in general (more checking than betting but obv player dependant). If u also include the times his draw included a k and hes value-betting, i think c/f is best (this doesnt mean ur giving up on the hand since hes checking behind a lot of pairs he called the turn with and his missed draws a decent amount of the time). c/c isnt bad but ive noticed that unknowns r more likely to check behind busted draws then they r to bet them. dont understand y u would b/f ikes, can u clarify?

Casper05 11-07-2007 01:12 PM

lol at the preflop hate. bet the flop and like ike said, just stack off if aggro raises.

I definitely prefer bet/fold the river over the other options

ikestoys 11-07-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

villain either has a weak pair or a draw IMO, very unlikely a bet gets called by something we beat. Like u said though 4 draws, 2 hit, i think ppl r less likely to bet a busted draw in general (more checking than betting but obv player dependant). If u also include the times his draw included a k and hes value-betting, i think c/f is best (this doesnt mean ur giving up on the hand since hes checking behind a lot of pairs he called the turn with and his missed draws a decent amount of the time). c/c isnt bad but ive noticed that unknowns r more likely to check behind busted draws then they r to bet them. dont understand y u would b/f ikes, can u clarify?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd b/f or c/c (with a few c/fs).... not in love with one over the other. What I would do would change based on my image and the more specific read I'd have.

also our line doesn't look strong, ppl will look you up light here.

sh58 11-07-2007 01:22 PM

please don't kill me OP....

if a good reg has position on you and is calling alot of your raises, the low variance option is to tighten up preflop

however, you are not doing that, so i think QJo is ok if you think you can outplay good reg OOP (which is possible if he is abusing his position). the dynamic you have built up means that you have to bet the flop here for value. if only he calls you can pull loadsa cool moves to punish the floater. like c/r the turn, or c/c turn, c/c R. this is very high variance however, so i would prefer the first option.

you played it in a strange way. fish is unlikely to bet here, neither is CO. so your flop line sucks. you should bet/call or bet/shove against the CO as draws will be a big part of his range.

you should bet the turn bigger, at least $20, going up to $24.

now....you are at the river, you can definitely get some value out of worst top pairs, and middle pairs here. so i think b/f is the way to go. c/c is another option if you think he will try and bluff the river

markuisis 11-07-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now....you are at the river, you can definitely get some value out of worst top pairs, and middle pairs here. so i think b/f is the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
unlikely against a competent player

markuisis 11-07-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd b/f or c/c (with a few c/fs).... not in love with one over the other. What I would do would change based on my image and the more specific read I'd have.

also our line doesn't look strong, ppl will look you up light here.

[/ QUOTE ]

our line to a thiking player is rarely a bluff