Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   OM GO SONICS THREAD aka The Quest for 25 Wins (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536049)

34TheTruth34 11-01-2007 11:51 PM

Re: OM GO SONICS THREAD aka The Quest for 25 Wins

here are my thoughts in no particular order of importance based on what I've seen so far this season:

1. Seattle will score tons of pts this year.
2. Watson is definitely the guy to run the point if the Sonics are going to run an up tempo offense.
3. Wilkins will have the season of his life.
4. Durant is trying to do a little too much right now. When he settles in and gets more comfortable, the bad shot selection will go away.

Overall, I think they have tons of talent, though I don't expect them to win many games. It goes without saying, though, that this season isn't about winning for them.

Franchise 60 11-01-2007 11:52 PM

Memphis at 28.5 is the lock of the year, I love what they are doing with that squad.

Dids 11-02-2007 12:00 AM

"Watson is definitely the guy to run the point if the Sonics are going to run an up tempo offense"

aslkdfjaslkfjasflkjasflkasfklasf

He was -31 yesterday!!!!

Luke is by far the best choice on offense, he's just a big problem on D. Just watching the first half tonight, the O looks so much more in control with him running things.

Assani Fisher 11-02-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just guessed a figure off the top of my head.. 28 might be OK too.. my main point was, all 3 teams should finish rather close to one another and there's no real basis that the Wolves are in much worse shape than the others. I mean, how can a team with Big Al ever be that much worse than other cellar dwellers? He's the best player out of all the teams. Pretty much the best player in the NW division. Maybe even the western conference.

What's Memphis's total? If it's in the low 30s I'd be inclined to bet the over.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+

102,688 and counting

Popinjay 11-02-2007 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Watson is definitely the guy to run the point if the Sonics are going to run an up tempo offense"

aslkdfjaslkfjasflkjasflkasfklasf

He was -31 yesterday!!!!

Luke is by far the best choice on offense, he's just a big problem on D. Just watching the first half tonight, the O looks so much more in control with him running things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except Luke has an inconsistent jumper and isn't really that fast, which hurts a lot on fast breaks (compare him to Mike James for example) and driving to the hole. Or maybe I'm saying this since I've hated Luke forever.

Dids 11-02-2007 10:29 AM

Last night:

- Nick and Wilcox either just ran bad, or sucked at finishing, but we missed a lot of close shots.

- Wilkins dominates the ball far too much and bogs down the offense.

- Wally got totally torched on D and basically lost us the game. He should never see the floor vs a team like Phx. I think PJ screwed up hard in two spots. Leaving Wally on the floor and letting Earl run the team late.

- Earl still blows. Looks for his own shot too much, dribbles too much, takes horrible low % inside shots too much.

- Jeff Green is still sexy on defense.

ClarkNasty 11-02-2007 10:36 AM

The whole offense kind of sucks. Lots of one on one creation. If it goes to the post it doesn't come back. To be expected with a young team (certainly don't expect the chemistry and passing of the really good teams), but was still pretty bad.

Wilcox shot a high % (11-17). Just going to miss some of those little close-in jump hooks.

EvanJC 11-02-2007 11:21 AM

Wilcox looks beastly

WayAbvPar 11-02-2007 12:43 PM

Watching Watson dribble into the trees, throw up a weak shot that gets swatted, and starting a fast break for PHX put me on lift tilt.

Durant, on the other hand, is going to a LOT of fun to watch in a couple of years. Hopefully the new group can convince Bennett to sell and keep them around.

Hoya 11-02-2007 12:47 PM

As a Georgetown fan, it's both funny and sad to watch Green standing around when he gets the ball waiting for people to move, which of course never happens.