Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Bluffing....Bluffing.....Bluffing... FULL HOUSE! Now what? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533259)

Acemanhattan 10-28-2007 06:54 PM

Re: Bluffing....Bluffing.....Bluffing... FULL HOUSE! Now what?

[ QUOTE ]
fine you can bet the river for thin value but the problem with this hand is the turn bet. its horrendous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its just a difference of opinions. IMO this player shouldnt be ready to call 3 barrels with his range. I am not betting the turn without the intent of also shoving the river. I see betting the turn and shoving the river as being more profitable than giving up on the turn everytime we dont have a hand here.

Grue 10-28-2007 07:11 PM

shoving river is horrendously bad IMO, you'd have to put him specifically on 88 99 JJ that get that far and then fold, and no way QQ+ folds.

[ QUOTE ]
VBing the river is stupid, because his range is weighted towards hands that beat us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I don't think his range (if it is specifically Tx 22-99) is weighted towards anything, I think all of those hands are just as equally likely as the way the hand played out. You really think say 55 folds on the turn and 88 doesn't?

ikestoys 10-28-2007 07:12 PM

I only like a turn bet if you are bluffing any river.

You have more showdown equity on the river than folding equity, so I check

Acemanhattan 10-28-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shoving river is horrendously bad IMO, you'd have to put him specifically on 88 99 JJ that get that far and then fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be dead wrong, but I think we can see him showing up here w 88 and below and folding those.

spivey 10-28-2007 07:18 PM

Yeah, I think he's more likely to call with the higher parts of his range on the turn (Tx, JJ, 99, 88) than with 22-55. Same goes for river.

Acemanhattan 10-28-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY! Only took 4 pages for someone to agree with me! (sir are you a winning or losing player...)

jk3a 10-28-2007 07:25 PM

Wow. I really don't know what to say about pf. I mean, I get it. You are isolating the BTN who is obv. weak and it certainly has value, but come on. Why on earth are you trying to isolate OOP with THAT hand. I'm sure you grasp why doing it with K7o is better. This is especially true with a nit in the BB. How disgusting is it when he 3bets and you have to fold.

The flop is std. The turn is borderline retarded if you aren't going to 3barrel here. That being said, 3barreling this type of opponent isn't likely that profitable anyway.

As played, you beat 22-55. This is a very easy c/f given your line and it's not close. It can't be +EV to 3barrel bluff this guy and value bet the river with your hand.

WOW

gimmetheloot 10-28-2007 09:22 PM

i dont like turning hand into bluff here.

Got too much SD value only 88/99/Tx really beat us now and we beat 22-55, and hes never turning his hand into a bluff either.

c/f this one.

ikestoys 10-28-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY! Only took 4 pages for someone to agree with me! (sir are you a winning or losing player...)

[/ QUOTE ]

i win a little.

jlocdog 10-28-2007 10:36 PM

Chase- I expect him to have 22-88 often as well. Difference is, I don't think he folds them once he calls turn often enough for a river bet to be profitable.

[ QUOTE ]
You have more showdown equity on the river than folding equity, so I check

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement holds true....