Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Very interesting 100-200 hand. Need all the help i can get! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533131)

luegofuego 10-29-2007 09:15 AM

Re: Very interesting 100-200 hand. Need all the help i can get!

if my view on zupp was a good solid thinking player who doesnt randomly spew off entire buyins with crap plays, i dont like the river call simply because i think it is a pretty terrible bluff spot... if i thought zupp was some spewy scandi lag who cant resist firing any board with any two, sure. havent played him tho so i cant say. it is however an obvious valueshove with pretty much all hands that beat timex. its not like its ace or air here.

HERE_2_gamble_ 10-29-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if my view on zupp was a good solid thinking player who doesnt randomly spew off entire buyins with crap plays, i dont like the river call simply because i think it is a pretty terrible bluff spot... if i thought zupp was some spewy scandi lag who cant resist firing any board with any two, sure. havent played him tho so i cant say. it is however an obvious valueshove with pretty much all hands that beat timex. its not like its ace or air here.

[/ QUOTE ]

second one is a much closer description, when i played him, he was as crazy as they get.

jfish 10-29-2007 09:27 AM

this hand is a travesty. fold turn, fold river. your hand is face up so unless your opponent has unbalanced frequencies calling down here simply will not be profitable.

KRANTZ 10-29-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PartyGirl,

[ QUOTE ]
If he is at all competent he will be randomizing enough to make it pretty much neutral EV for Timex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at this. Do u know how hard this is? Do u have any idea?

Dont answer pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, being completely objective here, Jeff and PartyGirl are pretty much right about this hand...

The only thing I see interesting about it is that it was a large pot and Timex called down. The ace is nearly an irrelevant card at these stakes because good players are jamming TT-KK on the river, too.

luegofuego 10-29-2007 12:33 PM

results?

AcTiOnJaCsOn 10-29-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you. Im doing a follow up on an almost identicall hand except that the results are the reversed. i think there are many levels of thinking in both hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you're wrong.

I'm sure timex himself can come post here and tell you no one is folding 77 on that board w/that action on the flop or turn, and that he decided to call the river because he thought the guy was bluffing more than 1/3 the time. That's it.

Poker is rarely that complicated guy, you picked a bad hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree and dont post a tournament hand at 100/200 blinds and pretend its 100/200 no limit, there 2 completely different things, and this is the wrong forum for it

MagicNinja 10-29-2007 12:54 PM

use potion of invisibility to make him fold full house

emil3000 10-29-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
use potion of invincibility to make him fold full house

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

mustmuck 10-29-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree and dont post a tournament hand at 100/200 blinds and pretend its 100/200 no limit, there 2 completely different things, and this is the wrong forum for it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a cash game with some cashout restrictions.

nicksson 10-29-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
results?

[/ QUOTE ]

quads