Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism relating to stt's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528407)

Guthrie 10-23-2007 12:07 AM

Re: The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism relating to stt\'s

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

I have <10BB, first to act in the SB. I decide to push AKs with +9% after making a brilliant decision in putting BB on a calling range. He calls anyway with 72o and flops trip sevens. I bust out.

Where is my reward?

jurrasstoil 10-23-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have <10BB, first to act in the SB. I decide to push AKs with +9% after making a brilliant decision in putting BB on a calling range. He calls anyway with 72o and flops trip sevens. I bust out.

Where is my reward?

[/ QUOTE ]You made the wrong decision -> no reward.

BHokie1 10-23-2007 12:34 AM

I'm going to take the option not to explore this theory.

fisheater11 10-23-2007 12:40 AM

lol im fresh off the ban guys, it hasnt even been 24 hours yet, relax. I want a little time of freedom before the ban bomb gets dropped on me again. Anyways, i took a day off from 60's to play the steps - see whoever u all are at the nassau ept...

Slim Pickens 10-23-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Philosophers piss me the [censored] off. I'm just saying is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, and here I thought I never pissed you off at all.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest problem with them is there is absolutely no defense against idiot blow-hard philosophers other than a swift nut-kick. They drop their douche-bomb, which sounds something like this:

"blah blah blah jargon jargon fake-jargon, therefore, [conclusion I determined beforehand]. If you don't understand it, it's because you aren't as awesome at brain-stuff as me am. There's no way I could have failed to explain [some irrelevant point] without [mis]using a lot of jargon. See how awesomes my brains is?"

Then they run like hell if they see a real philosopher because they'll get their [censored] kicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see, so I don't piss you off b/c I'm a real one, nice, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're a "real" philosopher or not, but you don't piss me off, so take that for what it's worth. Think about it this way. If an engineer sucks, his power plant melts down or his bridge collapses or his $125M space probe smashes into Mars at too many km/s. If a lawyer sucks, his client gets the chair or a rapist goes free. If an accountant sucks, his employer get reamed by the IRS. If a doctor sucks, people die unnecessarily. If a poker player sucks, he goes busto again and again. If a philosopher sucks, he pisses me off.

DevinLake 10-23-2007 01:13 AM

Ummmm....can we apply this to a HH?

drzen 10-23-2007 01:18 AM

This is like "Chinese odds", isn't it? I'll take even money you're banned before tomorrow.

fisheater11 10-23-2007 08:22 AM

Thank you to all who posted. The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism can now be thought about during all 2+2er's decision making processes - remember the theory pf something could either happen or not; the thoughts to generate your decision influence the result.

r.i.p. dominic parillo.

jacobs_suit 10-23-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is like "Chinese odds", isn't it? I'll take even money you're banned before tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

your an idiot

JackCase 10-23-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where is my reward?

[/ QUOTE ]You made the wrong decision -> no reward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the wrong decision. Since everything either happens or it doesn't, everything is 50/50. AKs isn't +9%. It either wins or it doesn't, so it is even money. Thanks for playing, and have a nice day.