Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Paul Byrd bought HGH (Williams/Fainaru-Wada) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527703)

FlyWf 10-21-2007 02:17 PM

Re: Paul Byrd bought HGH (Williams/Fainaru-Wada)

My mistake. In that case, you cogently and accurately stated the reasonable position on this issue.

There is a very, very, very solid negative correlation between "knowledge about performance enhancing substances" and "level of outrage at professional athletes allegedly consuming same."

vhawk01 10-21-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mistake. In that case, you cogently and accurately stated the reasonable position on this issue.

There is a very, very, very solid negative correlation between "knowledge about performance enhancing substances" and "level of outrage at professional athletes allegedly consuming same."

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I am a medical student FWIW.

DesertCat 10-21-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vhawk, I said nothing about steroids. Steroids have serious negative side effects. Steroids also make people freaky big. Neither is true of HGH.

[/ QUOTE ]

You believe that HGH doesn't make people bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with you people? There is no evidence HGH provides performance enhancing effects, esp. to highly trained athletes. Non-story, non-issue. Can we save our outrage for the day someone actually runs a valid study that shows with some level of statistical certainty that HGH does enhance performance?

It's as dumb as saying that the prime cause of increased MLB home run rates were steroids.

tarheeljks 10-21-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vhawk, I said nothing about steroids. Steroids have serious negative side effects. Steroids also make people freaky big. Neither is true of HGH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see why that is relevant to my post. Why doesnt the logic apply to steroids just as well as HGH?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's saying that steroids are a different animal b/c they have harmful side effects

Boris 10-21-2007 05:13 PM

Weird gossip about Williams. Kimberly Bell was interviewed last week on local radio station KNBR. Tom Tolbert and Ralph Barbieri did the interview. The only part of the interview I heard was un-remarkable. But I guess Williams was really freaked out about Bell going on that program and was harassing her and begging her not to go on the show. He even made up this big lie that if she did the interview Ralph Barbieri was going to ambush her and let Bonds lawyer rip her pieces on air.

kidcolin 10-21-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

freaky big, you guys have trouble reading

[/ QUOTE ]

You believe that HGH can't make a person freaky big?

[/ QUOTE ]

your boy thremp doesn't

vhawk01 10-21-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see why that is relevant to my post. Why doesnt the logic apply to steroids just as well as HGH?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's saying that steroids are a different animal b/c they have harmful side effects

[/ QUOTE ]
HGH certainly has harmful side effects if used improperly. Same as steroids. Steroids are fairly safe if used appropriately. Same as HGH.

If he was saying steroids actually help whereas its still questionable whether HGH does, then he has a point. But both (or neither) of them are dangerous (or safe) if used inappropriately (or appropriately).

THAY3R 10-21-2007 05:17 PM

I was always under the assumption that HGH definitely makes you bigger, sometimes ALOT bigger, but whether or not it increases performance is uncertain.

THAY3R 10-21-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with you people? There is no evidence HGH provides performance enhancing effects, esp. to highly trained athletes. Non-story, non-issue. Can we save our outrage for the day someone actually runs a valid study that shows with some level of statistical certainty that HGH does enhance performance?

It's as dumb as saying that the prime cause of increased MLB home run rates were steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with you?

http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/oese/Straw_Man_Kit.JPG

Kneel B4 Zod 10-21-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was always under the assumption that HGH definitely makes you bigger, sometimes ALOT bigger, but whether or not it increases performance is uncertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it makes you bigger, then it's performance enhancing