Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100NL AA vs drawy flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526455)

JFsports 10-19-2007 04:55 PM

Re: 100NL AA vs drawy flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm okay with checking flop, calling a turn bet and folding to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I'd never ever ever check this flop, but if I somehow did, my line would definitely not be call turn/fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You people love picking out sentences instead of quoting the whole post...I said it depends on timing and the board.

If the turn is a 7 and the river is a Queen im pretty sure I'm not calling.

If its blank blank I think I am if its diamond diamond and he leads I'm folding.

I really should not bother to post in these strategy threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

well it just seemed from your post that you are looking for the earliest opportunity to fold the hand, for sure at the first scare card and maybe anyway. I'd be thinking about how to get money in as quickly as possible. Maybe differences in approach/our own images.

bilbo-san 10-19-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP obviously had no clue how to handle a check raise so you have to ask yourself...why are you betting?

And, yeah, because I think its a decent time to check this type of flop occasionally when the guy is clueless how to handle a raise thats why Im on a huge downswing.

I love how people pull stuff out of their asses and try to prove things they have no idea about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check this flop a good amount with 100BBs.

Maybe "figuring out how to handle a check-raise when stacks aren't very deep and you have a hand with a lot of value" is a much better solution to solving the problem than checking behind on this flop with these stacks (because you don't know what to do when raised), which borders on criminally bad (in the sense of losing a [censored] of value).

bilbo-san 10-19-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how people blow anything I say out of proportion. It's like I'm on the 2+2 Truman Show and am part of some big thing that I'm not aware of and people's jobs to make things entertaining is to rile me up.

I said I check the flop 1 out of 4 times for balance on this time of board.

Not half the time, not 3 out of 4 times, not 100% of the time.

From now on I am no longer listing alternatives, I'm just going to go with the 2+2 standard plays because thats all people care about anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop pretending that you and the rest of us are having the same conversation.

More specifically, stop pretending like whether you have 60BBs or 100BBs isn't relevant here.

For [censored]'s sake, if you check here with 60BBs, you're retarded. Period. No balancing necessary, and it has nothing to do with "standard 2p2 doctrine" or any [censored] like that. WTF.

FGators 10-19-2007 06:23 PM

i didnt realize the guy had 60 BBs thats been said.

CITIZEN_114 10-19-2007 06:58 PM

Never fold.

Call and get in on a safe turn.

Or just shove.

Frogic 10-20-2007 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i didnt realize the guy had 60 BBs thats been said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok lets make this thread interesting. Lets pretend this hand is 100bb. Two things: Who likes checking behind sometimes? Also If we are min-checkraised with 100bb behind what is your play?

Personally I like checking behind a lot when 100bb+, you're not getting a lot of value out of hands that aren't crushing you, so there is no good reason to start building a pot. As for if we do bet, I call and reeval turn.

Frogic

ikestoys 10-20-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize he was short-stacked when I posted in this thread the first three times.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't matter, you are still 100% wrong

ofishstix 10-20-2007 01:49 AM

lol, didnt read thread but i love when FG is claled out.

Panic__NL 10-20-2007 02:19 AM

Lets rephrase the question, Villian now has 100bb, wat to do and what is his range???

Villian is a decent TAG
I am 19/16/3

What is his range and what is the best action, 3bet or call and continue on a non scary turn?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $100
UTG+1: $157.50
CO: $56.60
Button: $93.55
SB: $98.50
BB: $100

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, 4 folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $11</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

CITIZEN_114 10-22-2007 12:45 PM

still get it allin, but for 100BB i prefer call and push safe turn.