Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Sleep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523725)

Jailblazers 11-15-2007 05:04 AM

Re: Sleep

In high school when I wasn't playing basketball, I had a bi-phasic sleep cycle that my parents got mad as hell at me for having. Slept from 1-7 AM and 3-6PM. Not really good if you want to start participating in school activities and stuff, which I didn't for a lot of my time at school.

Go_Blue88 11-15-2007 01:06 PM

exercise every day. i exercise for an hour every day (jump rope, do pushups etc) and i'm able to get by on 5-6 hrs of sleep without a problem. i rarely ever feel tired.

Taso 11-15-2007 04:23 PM

yo, op, you're just a lazy bastard. I am too. Holler.

Cereally, it sucks. If you cared enough about school you'd get up no matter how tired you are. But who wants to go to schoo yo? I havn't been to class in like a week. I hate myself for it, really. I'm going to go tomorrow though, no matter what.

sunnycalifornia 11-17-2007 02:03 AM

do you guys ever NOT feel like [censored] when you wake up regardless of how much you slept?

I have now discovered that I almost always feel either one of these or a combination: still tired/groggy, hungry, thirsty, awake but still wanting to go back to sleep.

ItalianFX 11-17-2007 02:06 AM

I have a 9:05am class and wake up at 8:15am. I used to get up and take a shower and be ready to go. Now I sleep in until 8:45am, don't take a shower, get changed, and just go to class. I always feel tired.

Sometimes I feel like crap and I think it's from being dehydrated. So I try to drink some water before I go to sleep and then I have to piss early in the morning before it's time for me to get up.

I think the military has ruined my sleeping habits because I need at least 8.5-9hours of sleep to feel refreshed.

ADK 11-17-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys ever NOT feel like [censored] when you wake up regardless of how much you slept?

I have now discovered that I almost always feel either one of these or a combination: still tired/groggy, hungry, thirsty, awake but still wanting to go back to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

all the [censored] time

dkgojackets 11-17-2007 11:49 PM

I start each day at either 8 or 9, Im usually good for my first class but have to get a coke afterwards so I dont doze off in calc, which i have everyday at 10.

ClutchCity 11-18-2007 11:48 PM

SC,

I have the exact same problem, too. My sleep schedule has been messed up for I don't know how long. I think I've permanently become a night person. Even if I go to sleep early and wake up early at like 8 or 9 after 8 hours of sleep, I'll be way more tired than if I got 8 hours and woke up at 11 or 12. I recently dropped out of school, though, to make poker a full-time career. With that said, I guess the hours don't really matter then, as long as I'm fully awake for 16 or so.

I've been trying to get on a good sleep schedule lately by incorporating exercuse into my routine. That really is a good suggestion; exercise makes a big difference.