Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Some brief BSP thoughts [not Nate's future official thread] week 6 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521584)

kaboshedx 10-14-2007 01:21 AM

Re: Some brief BSP thoughts [not Nate\'s future official thread] week 6

Tenn @ TBAY +2.5

[x] Betting against the public
[x] Betting against guy on the cover of Madden
[x] Betting on home team getting less than a field goal
[x] Making money

MacGuyV 10-14-2007 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, I'm like 0 for 23 on asking people if they like ATL, or TB this week. This may hit a record soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, Simmons on Tenn, and of course NWE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naj, I feel stupid even arguing about this but I just disagree with your BSP selection methods.
If you listen to Simmons' podcast, both him and his buddy guess the Bucs line exactly: "what else could it be? they're equal on a neutral field". I think he picked Tenn. in his column because he had to pick somebody and he has to pick every game.

I've just heard lots of squares voluntarily select Cincy as a game they like the most. Obv. it's somewhat subjective, but I listen to my share of radio & stuff.

iggymcfly 10-14-2007 02:48 AM

On further review, I might just be on the Falcons and nothing else this week. I'm scared to go against either New England or Tennessee as both lines are dead-on the Sagarin predictor and I see no reason to think the lines are shaded.

Also, NE's been averaging a total of over 49 this year playing a lot of bad offenses where they didn't even leave their first team O out the whole game, and I don't see much value on under 52 either. Part of me really wants to bet the Pats ML, but I don't have any reason to think that's a particularly sharp play.

zOrO2k6 10-14-2007 10:38 AM

Very Interesting NFL Week 6.

Prediction: 50/50 today, 6-Dogs/6-Favs.

it's time to prove your skills and knowledge at the NFL...

c ya, and good luck to ev1.

-JC

NajdorfDefense 10-14-2007 10:44 AM

TSG is not part of my BSP selection method at all, I just thought that was funny so I posted it.

I ask guys I know on sales/trading desks all over the country to get a diversified base. No method is going to be perfect, that one is just the one I think works best for my selections, and in Nate's absence last year or this year, I've done pretty well posting those picks. [sample size obvs] No one has to follow them, I'm happy to keep betting them given how they've done.

Also, it seems like money has come in on KC, whereas its moved 10c against TB.

natedogg 10-14-2007 12:15 PM

Sorry guys, I was unable to do BSP research this week. consider it a bye...

See you all next week hopefully.

natedogg

NajdorfDefense 10-14-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TB -2.5/-110 1u

[/ QUOTE ]

winnah!
10-3-1 nfl ATS, +5.2u, 0-3 ml

This just in: Jeff Garcia just wins football games. 9-2 last 11 reg season games.

NajdorfDefense 10-14-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On further review, I might just be on the Falcons and nothing else this week. I'm scared to go against either New England or Tennessee as both lines ... I see no reason to think the lines are shaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Public moved the Tenn line the half-point needed ftw! That's why the BSPs are the bomb.

NajdorfDefense 10-14-2007 04:29 PM

ATL +4/-105 right now, probably hold off to let the public chase their losses on the MNF game and move it more.

kaboshedx 10-14-2007 04:51 PM

Yea, the ATL pick is going to be juicy tomorrow night imo