Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   beat: depressed. my life as i know it is over. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520786)

demon102 10-11-2007 06:05 PM

Re: beat: depressed. my life as i know it is over.

[ QUOTE ]
problem is if i stick with job then in say 10 years i should be on about $300k/year which = a lot of very attractive hookers

if i go down poker route and it fails = $0/hr ---> giving bjs for cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt u rather do something u enjoy and make $50k a yr then doing something that sounds so BORRRING just to make a bunch of money? Sounds like ur time isnt the valuable to u man, serously quite the job if u hate it. You only live this life once man.

FishNChips 10-11-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am starting this job on monday but i know what it entails, my brother did it for 3 years and hated it. anyone i know who is doing it hates it.

[/ QUOTE ]
you applied for it why?

[ QUOTE ]
but for 3 years of doing a terrible job you spend the rest of your life earning $100k+.

[/ QUOTE ]
$100k is nice after 3 yrs. Its also tiny compared to what you can earn if you're really making $200/hr playing poker. Help me understand y poker isn't an option?
[ QUOTE ]
but then part of me thinks [censored] this [censored], i don't want to spend my life as an adult, wasting my 20s away. i have no plans to ever have kids or get married (-ev), in fact suicide in early 30s is very likely (if i dont die by then due to health), so till then i might as well enjoy myself rather than do stupid job.

[/ QUOTE ] this all makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
problem is i want to be rich. doing this job if i work hard = rich down the road. but i don't want to take the road of boredom.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to figure out how long you plan to live. being rich doesn't matter if you're going to die/kys at 35. have to spend too much time/effort to get rich and then u don't have time to spend it. Just move to spain.

[ QUOTE ]
i think after my first week ill likely ask if i can defer for a year, but my feeling is that my ill slowly tolerate it, a good day in the life of john kane will then be one where i didnt have to do 2 hours of overtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe get a cat?

[ QUOTE ]
also i feel wtf was the point in me grinding some money (about $170k now got saved up) if still means im living at home, im still end out doing same [censored] job.

[/ QUOTE ] i feel like wtf too. u have $170k saved and still live at home... do mommy&daddy really totally control ur life?

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] it, im going to go send email to a friend who hopefully is coming over to london in december and getting a job and ill go live with him - he is hopefully getting rent free some balla pad on oxford street in london - that would be a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? $170k saved and you are looking to bum a place to live off a friend? wtf? get ur own pad, play at a slightly lower level until you build back up, work 1/2 the year, travel half the year.

~FishNChips

Droogie 10-11-2007 06:27 PM

Wtf just work during the day, get shitfaced in the evening and weekends.

Wee... works fine for me.

Kirkland 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am starting this job on monday ....

[/ QUOTE ]

All this bitching and you haven't even started yet?! At least give yourself a chance to like it.

AntonHeat 10-11-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
problem is if i stick with job then in say 10 years i should be on about $300k/year which = a lot of very attractive hookers

if i go down poker route and it fails = $0/hr ---> giving bjs for cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the job?

sc000t 10-11-2007 09:28 PM

When I'm 80, I'd rather have memories of a lifetime well spent than a mountian of cash from a lifetime of hard work.

Gregg777 10-11-2007 09:40 PM

You can forget the idea of six months in Spain unless you know something the rest of us don't.

That is where I was headed until I ran into the Schengen Agreement.

Moved to a tropical paradise instead [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Himself 10-12-2007 02:31 AM

Open your own business after a few years of that crap.