Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   yet another river checkraise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519692)

ama0330 10-10-2007 10:56 AM

Re: yet another river checkraise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because i dont think he can beat trip sevens, boats or flushes very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

this explanation, to all but the most numb-skulled or inexperienced, implies "i think i am doing a good job of representing trip sevens, boat or flush believably and since he rarely beat those hands and has no reason to put me on anything other than these hands, he should fold". i shouldnt have to spell that out when posting a $5/$10 hand. maybe $0.1/$0.2 but not $5/$10. seems pretty clear neither of u should be replying to this thread since even a simple concept like this demands to be explained to the last decimal in order for you to understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you should stop posting dude, you're not gonna learn anything here.

luegofuego 10-10-2007 11:06 AM

yawn im not having that argument again. i get lots of good responses from players that i respect to my threads, but telling a [censored] poster who has no idea what he is talking about that he is a [censored] poster who has no idea what hes talking about really doesnt make me lose any sleep at night at all. i dont post strat to make friends with droolers. i dont care.

WelshChip 10-10-2007 11:14 AM

alright,

since I am bored here I will enlighten you.

His hand range is TT---->AA including QT--->AQ. He will either bet/fold AA or bet/call it. Since AA=TT then he is not going to fold any of his range or conversely will fold all of it.

jalexand42 10-10-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alright,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

luego: I like the shove.

def NOT racist 10-10-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alright,

His hand range is TT---->AA including QT--->AQ. He will either bet/fold AA or bet/call it. Since AA=TT then he is not going to fold any of his range or conversely will fold all of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, because an unknown totally realizes TT = AA in the 30 secs he has to make a decision, and thinks "hey, time to call w/all of my range"

jsnipes28 10-10-2007 12:37 PM

i think this is bad/stupid fps against most ppl bc they wont believe u and will just not fold better hands hardly ever

Redgrape 10-10-2007 12:42 PM

Since your unknown to it makes it even better IMO.

dangerfish 10-10-2007 12:43 PM

First off, what's with the hostility Fuego? If you know your play was correct why post? Obviously villian is not strong nobody disputes that. Your repping a narrow range here, the nuts. The success of this does not depend on villian's hand it is based on your relationship with the villian and his tendency to make light calldowns in situations where your line is questionable.

Triumph36 10-10-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is bad/stupid fps against most ppl bc they wont believe u and will just not fold better hands hardly ever

[/ QUOTE ]

no one ever folds when i did this, so i stopped doing it.

if you do this play with trips, you are sick.

fslexcduck 10-10-2007 01:02 PM

i think this all comes down to your image... i think it's pretty tight, so this should work, but it depends a lot on the opponent.

the thing is, most LAGs and all bad players seem to think everyone plays like them and thus would never just c/c a flush draw on the flop (or two pair or a set or something) so they'd just think you were FOS and call. Esp since there are some missed straight draws. I dunno I think people used to fold here a ton, maybe like 2-3 months ago, but then people started c/r bluff more and people stopped folding tot hem, which is why it is fun to do for value... a lot.