Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514703)

Pudge714 10-03-2007 05:11 PM

Re: ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread***

Rafiki,
Triumph's posts are good objective posts from someone who is not really a fan or rival ( Out of division living in the states I would assume so ) of the Leafs. He is giving reasonable odds, instead of you who is posting no way Leafs get higher than the 8 seed. Despite the fact they have improved from last year, they are healthier there division has gotten worse. I think all of those factors are enough to give them the 5 extra points they need to make the playoffs.

Triumph36 10-03-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The team also got Mark Bell in the deal, who if he beats his personal problems could regain the form that made him a 20 goal physical player in Chicago.

Boston picked up Manny Fernandez this off-season, so they don't think Rask is ready to start either. However, they're one of the few franchises run consistently worse than the Leafs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't argue there, but the Bruins have way more upside in terms of prospects then the Leafs. You may find that gap close pretty fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bruins' prospect depth was garbage pre-lockout. Picking up Phil Kessel helps, and Jonathan Sigalet could be a good player, but their depth still stinks overall. It looks like this David Krejci might be a player, but the Bruins will need more than that to be a successful team.

The Leafs have players like Coliacavo (sp?), Steen, and Stajan who could improve.

I am far from a Leafs fan, and if they finished in 9th every year I'd be pretty happy. But that defense really isn't bad, and if they got a solid goaltender back there their offense is certainly good enough to get them into the playoffs.

rafiki 10-03-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The team also got Mark Bell in the deal, who if he beats his personal problems could regain the form that made him a 20 goal physical player in Chicago.

Boston picked up Manny Fernandez this off-season, so they don't think Rask is ready to start either. However, they're one of the few franchises run consistently worse than the Leafs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't argue there, but the Bruins have way more upside in terms of prospects then the Leafs. You may find that gap close pretty fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bruins' prospect depth was garbage pre-lockout. Picking up Phil Kessel helps, and Jonathan Sigalet could be a good player, but their depth still stinks overall. It looks like this David Krejci might be a player, but the Bruins will need more than that to be a successful team.

The Leafs have players like Coliacavo (sp?), Steen, and Stajan who could improve.

I am far from a Leafs fan, and if they finished in 9th every year I'd be pretty happy. But that defense really isn't bad, and if they got a solid goaltender back there their offense is certainly good enough to get them into the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol I'm not counting Kessel as a prospect, he's already shown he's going to be an nhl'er full time. How about:

Rask (second best goalie prospect in the world)
Lucic (memorial cup MVP)
Kreji (just cracked the big team)
Hamill (bruins 1st rounder from this year)

in addition to the 3 defensemen prospects

rafiki 10-03-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rafiki,
Triumph's posts are good objective posts from someone who is not really a fan or rival ( Out of division living in the states I would assume so ) of the Leafs. He is giving reasonable odds, instead of you who is posting no way Leafs get higher than the 8 seed. Despite the fact they have improved from last year, they are healthier there division has gotten worse. I think all of those factors are enough to give them the 5 extra points they need to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you should take my bet at 8:7 then.

Pudge714 10-03-2007 07:35 PM

Rafiki,
What stakes of poker do you play?
Not as an insult or anything, but I don't want to escrow this bet and I want to trust you for whatever amount we are betting. If you have made other bets on 2p2 you lost post links and that will be adequate.

rafiki 10-03-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rafiki,
What stakes of poker do you play?
Not as an insult or anything, but I don't want to escrow this bet and I want to trust you for whatever amount we are betting. If you have made other bets on 2p2 you lost post links and that will be adequate.

[/ QUOTE ]

no I haven't bet with anyone in this section, and I wasn't thinking of anything other then a trivially amusing amount like 100$.

vin17 10-03-2007 08:12 PM

brag: Sundin and Blake on one of my pool teams.
variance: I have both teams' goalies on it.

edit: let me clarify. Obviously I have Spezza and Heatley, it's just a good sign to see the top unit clicking already.

Veecee 10-03-2007 09:34 PM

Wow I'm hoping this is finally Antropov's breakout year.

Veecee 10-03-2007 10:11 PM

Was there ever a doubt?

rafiki 10-03-2007 10:11 PM

Raycroft GAA of 4 sounds about right