Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200nl - AK flops TP and faces heat from aggro opponent. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504177)

pineapple888 09-19-2007 12:10 PM

Re: 200nl - AK flops TP and faces heat from aggro opponent.

[ QUOTE ]

i see this all the itme - villain rasies flop with his 2 pair, set, draw whatever. he hits nuts on the turn and thinks "i are so tricky, i bet tiny on turn cuz nothing can draw out on me now!! ooooh river, time to get some value!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, seems pretty smart to me actually, since everybody else here is willing to pay off.

[ QUOTE ]

c) if he has some kind of draw, he like never bets turn that weakly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the key to this hand is that Villain has position, and really none of his bets make sense with a draw. I mean, he'd have to be clueless to raise a draw on the flop with an Ace out there. You get called way too often. Just float and bluff the river if you feel like making a move.

DirteAA 09-19-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Use the info from that hand to chase the dude around from table to table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The Don 09-19-2007 01:01 PM

I actually don't mind this line assuming a river call. I'm not too experienced with this type of opponent so I'm not sure if a more aggro line would be better. Results?

brizzology 09-19-2007 01:08 PM

Yeah, raising or check-raising the turn would have been better. OP would either win outright, block a river bluff, or more easily c/f river.

The smallish turn bet is awfully weird for a draw, but it's plausibly a feeler bet to set up a river bluff. In that case the river does seem like an attempt to push off AJ-AT, TT, or a busted draw. In this case, Villan could have TT-JJ, Ax.

Villan's line also seems like two pair or better.

When he loses showdowns, is he checking it down, calling, or betting with the worst hand? If it's the latter, then maybe a call. Otherwise fold.

ValarMorghulis 09-19-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, he'd have to be clueless to raise a draw on the flop with an Ace out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell. OP raises from CO, I don't know how often exactly an Ace is in his range but probably less than 20%. Bluff raising on an Ace board is a good move as it's hard for villain to continue without an Ace.

willw9 09-19-2007 01:30 PM

lead the turn

HoldEmNewby 09-19-2007 01:36 PM

You didn't lead turn because you didn't feel villain was on a draw, then why did you check river? to let him bluff what? I bet/fold $65 on river.

pineapple888 09-19-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, he'd have to be clueless to raise a draw on the flop with an Ace out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell. OP raises from CO, I don't know how often exactly an Ace is in his range but probably less than 20%. Bluff raising on an Ace board is a good move as it's hard for villain to continue without an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say a bluff. I said a draw. And if less than 20% of your CO raises have an Ace, please come play at my tables.

pineapple888 09-19-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Use the info from that hand to chase the dude around from table to table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at "chasing this dude". You really think you have any significant edge? Go chase the fish.

Fat Nicky 09-19-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't lead turn because you didn't feel villain was on a draw, then why did you check river? to let him bluff what? I bet/fold $65 on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

not crazy about doing this against an aggressive opponent unless i'd be willing to bet/call, which i don't really wanna do here.

i checked the river because i was unsure whether i was ahead or not and was hope to get to showdown cheaply (kinda hard to do when oop I know). just because i didn't put him on a draw, doesn't make me more confident in whether i have the best hand or not4