Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Live 6/12, A9s - keep betting the draw? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495156)

chesspain 09-07-2007 03:23 PM

Re: Live 6/12, A9s - keep betting the draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Lemming #1 has AJ and didn't improve, he puts you on a pair because you're so darn tight and feels good about folding to your turn bet after making a good flop call.

Lemming #2 has 22 and peeled the flop because he thinks he has pot odds to draw to his 2 outer and also wants to see if you'll give up on over-cards. He also folds.

Lemming #3 has Queen rag of Diamonds and calls because he's on a flush draw.

On the river it goes check, check and we scoop. It happens rarely.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Fnord 09-07-2007 04:04 PM

I agree that it's rare, but betting out sets up several uncommon/rare events that collectivly make this a better spot to bet than to check behind.

GForce3000 09-07-2007 08:30 PM

I agree with Fnord, I would bet this turn. Live players will call this flop with any two overcards. They'll probably fold to a bet on the turn though, even though they'd have the odds to call if they knew what you had. Getting check-raised isn't that horrible either since your draw is pretty strong, if I had less outs I'd be more inclined to take the free card.

danspartan 09-08-2007 01:55 PM

Isnt it pretty close to even if we get c/r? We're paying 2 BB in a 12 BB pot. Its not as good obviously as 0 bets for 8BB, but there IS fold equity in live SLHE. There is also a chance we get turn callers that don't have an 8. That plus the fold chance is >> chance we hit and lose to a boat (but the big -).

Not quantitated, but I've noticed when I'm running well I bet here, when I'm running bad I check, and when I'm on tilt on I 3 bet the c/r.

I'd bet. The extra chance to rake in 8BB UI is probably close EV and I try to stay on the agressive side in such cases.

Agent Zero 09-09-2007 02:41 PM

I take the free card.

Incidentally, does anyone else limp the A9 preflop to keep the pot small if we hit the flop hard?

KitCloudkicker 09-09-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Incidentally, does anyone else limp the A9 preflop to keep the pot small if we hit the flop hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

so when you flop the nuts you want to win a small pot?

Shillx 09-10-2007 03:32 PM

To those saying bet...are you bettting this turn with A9 and no flush draw?

09-10-2007 04:43 PM

Generally speaking, yes, but then it's usually the last bet I put into this pot...