Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Dude Is In The Well (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493320)

Yepitis 09-05-2007 10:26 AM

Re: The Dude Is In The Well

My poker room is an hour away and rarely has limit poke over 3-6. How much can I reasonably expect to make if I am the best one or two players at the table?

Do I need to learn NL?

The Dude 09-05-2007 10:31 AM

Why do all of your post titles begin with "Fun with"?
When I started posting a lot of hands, I realized how difficult/lame it was to try and come up with a good title for every hand, so I started using "KK hand" and other bland titles. "Fun w/" seemed a little more lively and yet I could use it universally.

Do you have any advice for an online shorthanded player adjusting to live 20/40 at commerce?
Having played in online SH games, you should do fine in aggro games like Commerce's 20-40 and 40-80. My biggest advice would be to use physical tells. Online you have little information to go on when trying to determine if a raise is a bluff or not, but live you can get a lot of information from someone. Look at how strongly they act when they bet. Look at their reaction to calling your bet (it can help you on the next street). And for God's sake, look to the left before you bet or raise.

What is easier, 40/80 live or 10/20 6 max online?
40-80 live and it's not even close.

Could you post a hand where you felt you pwned a 2p2er?
Hmm. Let me come up with a good one and I'll get back to you. If I forget don't be afraid to remind me.

The Dude 09-05-2007 11:27 AM

How often do you play poker?
6 days a week, 40-50 hours/ wk. This probably won't last more than another 9 mos.

What was the longest single session you have played?
4 years ago I did a 20 hour session at The Mirage, almost all at 20-40.

What is the largest pot you have ever won?
I won a 45 BB pot in Party's 5-10 game. I had AA on an AQQT5 board, up against AQ, KQ, and KJ. I've won several pots of just under $2k in the 30-60 game, not sure if I've beaten that in 40-80. Probably did.

What are the biggest BB downswings you have had at a couple limits?
I've had a 500+BB downswing combined in Party's 10-20 and 5-10 and Commerce's 20-40. That busted me.

How did you feel about them? Wouldn't live downswings last like a really long, very depressing time?
Meh. I have a lot more emotional control over my swings than most. I've made it a specific point to not get upset over downswings. Also, live players have larger winrates and smaller variance, so it's not as bad as online in terms of number of hands. Three weeks is the longest I've gone breakeven live, and that was immediately following my $13k day, so I haven't had to deal with anything major yet. It's coming though.

WITHEG recommends default open-raising from the button with a certain 41% of hands (22+, A2s+, A3o+, K2s+, K9o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J7s+, J9o+, T8s+, T8o+, 97s+, 98o+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s+) in full to 3 handed games. What do you think of this?
If one of the blinds is tough this is pretty good. But so many players call the flop and fold the turn that I think you can add some hands like K7o, T7s. Not too much, though. And if the BB is loose and calls to the river too much then you should tighten up.

How often do you 'autobet' with any two cards?
Multiple times every session.

Who do you think is the best LHE player in the world? Who do you think is the best you have played?
I'm certainly not qualified to answer the first question, and I'm not sure about the second one. It's probably a 2+2er. I've never played against someone that intimidated me, at least not in the last 4 years.

I'm actually getting ready to leave for Commerce now. I don't know if I'll be able to get Internet access there, but I'll take my laptop. I'll finish answering questions either there or when I get back.

Cheers,
Dude