Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What is this guy misplaying? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=484510)

DeathDonkey 08-28-2007 01:59 AM

Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river was a red whore, and I check/folded as now I don't beat a damn thing except 98cc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also beat Kc8c which is what I had, not that I blame you for folding there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you had a pair of kings and a flush draw though Bob's post shows the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board. If you were raising any brick turn that's one thing, but if you raised the turn because you picked up the flush draw, that's a terrible reason to raise there.

-DeathDonkey

casellaKid 08-28-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river was a red whore, and I check/folded as now I don't beat a damn thing except 98cc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you had a pair of kings and a flush draw though Bob's post shows the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board. If you were raising any brick turn that's one thing, but if you raised the turn because you picked up the flush draw, that's a terrible reason to raise there.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

The flush draw made the turn raise a lot easier for me. (The BB was still to act on the turn by the way.) When the queen came on the river, I was very happy.

PokerBob 08-28-2007 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he raise any brick turn?
i don't recall the sooots on the flop, just that is was rainbow and the turn brought the 2nd club.

DeathDonkey 08-28-2007 05:25 AM

casella, ahh ok, I withdraw my resistance to the turn raise, Pokerbob's post didn't say it was 3 ways on the turn. Though I still somewhat disagree with your last sentence (I would only be very happy about the Queen if I got some physical read from Bob that he was disgusted with the board).

Bob, you misunderstood I don't think he should necessarily raise a brick turn I just didn't want to focus on that so I dismissed it. I think you should consider a river donk when the Queen hits.

-DeathDonkey

PokerBob 08-28-2007 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
casella, ahh ok, I withdraw my resistance to the turn raise, Pokerbob's post didn't say it was 3 ways on the turn. Though I still somewhat disagree with your last sentence (I would only be very happy about the Queen if I got some physical read from Bob that he was disgusted with the board).

Bob, you misunderstood I don't think he should necessarily raise a brick turn I just didn't want to focus on that so I dismissed it. I think you should consider a river donk when the Queen hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never have an ace here though, and I assumed villain knew that. That said, I made many assumptions here and was wrong on most of them. Meh. Maybe betting is right, as I guess I could have a hand like J9s or something.