Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The mindset of an anarcho-capitalist voluntarist (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483329)

Felz 08-24-2007 04:17 AM

Re: The mindset of an anarcho-capitalist voluntarist

Yes, because rational thought inevitably leads to being an AC'ist. Coz all the intellectual elite althrough the world believes in AC'ism.

Honestly, you should realize that you simply believe and not know. There is no inevitable "truth" in economics, it's a social science.

pvn 08-24-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no inevitable "truth" in economics, it's a social science.

[/ QUOTE ]

A great argument against any centralized, imposed schemes.

Nielsio 08-24-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is no truth, then why can't I/aren't I be left free?

nietzreznor 08-24-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, there's no truth in social sciences--why is that? Is there truth in natural sciences like physics? What about math?

nietzreznor 08-24-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well then what's the difference between supporting taxes and voting? You say you yourself do not believe voting to be OK in self-defense

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe voting is ok in self-defense...

[ QUOTE ]
But to believe voting is OK in self-defense but supporting taxes never can be doesn't seem to have much consistency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? (Seriously, I'm curious as to why you think this position is inconsistent...)

I mean, voting as a means to get a candidate who will violate our rights less seems fine (whether or not its effective is another matter, but I don't find it inconsistent with libertarian principles).
I'm not sure how the same could be said of supporting taxes, though...

Borodog 08-25-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, you should realize that you simply believe and not know. There is no inevitable "truth" in economics, it's a social science.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proposition: Humans act purposefully applying scarce means to achieve their desired ends.

True or False?

clowntable 08-25-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Proposition: Humans act purposefully applying scarce means to achieve their desired ends.

True or False?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh boy, here we go. Endless discussion about science theory and the discovery of truth to follow :P