Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Biggest Waste of Talent Poll: (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451269)

slothinator 07-16-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Biggest Waste of Talent Poll:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Len Bias getting so many votes?

I never saw him play, but I can't imagine that he was so incredibly good you can say he's the biggest waste of talent without ever playing in the nba. Like if Carmelo died before he got to play, I doubt he would win this poll. It's just that the story of Bias has been romanticized over the years that people thought he was going to be the next Jordan or something. Someone like Richard Dumas would be a better pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

bias was an amazing talent; i think he's one of the few legit names on this list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet he wasn't picked ahead of Brad Daugherty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Cleveland organization was retarded; a couple of years later they would trade some stiff named Mark West and a kid named Kevin Johnson to Phoenix Suns for super stud Larry Nance.

kidcolin 07-16-2007 08:13 PM

Whoa whoa whoa.. I honestly can't tell.. are you being sarcastic?

edit: I mean, seriously? Larry Nance was a stud, even when he came to Cleveland. They already had Mark Price, one of the best PGs in the league. They were competitive in an already stacked East. If MJ misses that floating jumper from the foul line, who knows what happens in '92? They were a good team.

slothinator 07-16-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa whoa whoa.. I honestly can't tell.. are you being sarcastic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm being quite sarcastic. Are you being sarcastic?

kidcolin 07-16-2007 08:19 PM

see my edit. I honestly think you're retarded.

slothinator 07-16-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
see my edit. I honestly think you're retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should do your research next time. The Cavaliers received Larry Nance and Mike Sanders for Kevin Johnson, Mark West, Tyrone Corbin, and a draft pick which ended up being Dan Majerle.

So in exchange for Nance (because Sanders doesn't count), the Suns received a top point guard (better than Mark Price), a good rebounding / shot blocking center, an excellent defensive small forward, and an excellent defensive player who could also score. That Cleveland regime was obviously a poor judge of talent and grossly overpaid for Nance's services.

I'll concede that at the time the general conscencus was that it was good a trade for Cleveland, but Phoenix obviously knew what they were doing and within two seasons that trade was a joke.

applejuicekid 07-16-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Len Bias getting so many votes?

I never saw him play, but I can't imagine that he was so incredibly good you can say he's the biggest waste of talent without ever playing in the nba. Like if Carmelo died before he got to play, I doubt he would win this poll. It's just that the story of Bias has been romanticized over the years that people thought he was going to be the next Jordan or something. Someone like Richard Dumas would be a better pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

bias was an amazing talent; i think he's one of the few legit names on this list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet he wasn't picked ahead of Brad Daugherty.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Wade wasn't picked ahead of Darko.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wade has played great in the NBA and no one is saying he is the biggest waste of talent.

Put it this way, if Daugherty had died instead of Bias would he be the biggest waste of talent?

Dumas had a rookie season that Bias would have been ecstatic to match, also had his career ruined by drugs, yet no one is saying he is the biggest waste of talent.

Victor 07-16-2007 10:08 PM

" the Suns received a top point guard (better than Mark Price)"

rofl.

slothinator 07-16-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rofl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newsflash - Kevin Johnson was better than Mark Price.

tarheeljks 07-16-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rofl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newsflash - Kevin Johnson was better than Mark Price.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is pretty much not debatable.

72off 07-17-2007 12:13 AM

I nominate Eric Lindros.