Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200nl: Can I fold a set here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446692)

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:36 PM

Re: 200nl: Can I fold a set here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could fold this with a better read. As it is I call, but I'm not atall happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only read that would make me fold is if the guy was a reg that literally didn't raise anything but the absolute nuts.

Jay Riall 07-09-2007 01:39 PM

imo you are pretty naive here if you think he doesn't have an overset or the straight a very good percentage of the time.

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo you are pretty naive here if you think he doesn't have an overset or the straight a very good percentage of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

not 75%. Maybe 40%, but not enough to warrant not shoving the 3 betting the turn.

terp 07-09-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya rly.

we make fun of fish for overvaluing hands and not understanding relative hand strength but i swear 90% of this forum just goes LOLset and doesn't even read an interesting post.

TIGERsrm 07-09-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone raise preflop? i raise pf here to build pot incase that flop comes. As played i would put him on 9T,TT,78, 44 has 42% equity here.
but i still call river, because its pacific poker and you have a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise 77+ here, I guess a pot sweetener is okay but OOP and with the pot already being multi-way I usually just complete/check the baby pairs from SB/BB especially on pacific where you can still get paid in unraised pots

I can understand you saying "call because its pacific" but you still have to look at things in the context of each individual player and not the site as a whole.

Catch you at the tables later buddy!

Jay Riall 07-09-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya rly.

we make fun of fish for overvaluing hands and not understanding relative hand strength but i swear 90% of this forum just goes LOLset and doesn't even read an interesting post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same in part with Fly's top 2 deep thread imo.

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:44 PM

The guy is a 17/9/1.9. I think your overvaluing your reading ability given this opponent. Versus a reg at stars this may very well be a fold. But truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like AA/KK here, or even [censored] that you couldn't even think about.

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya rly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same in part with Fly's top 2 deep thread imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think Fly's top two deep is a super easy fold.

johnnyrocket 07-09-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does villain having nitty 17/9 PF stats effect this hand? The only important info is really his AF of 2. He maybe just as retarded post flop as a 35/15.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point imarahil, he didnt raise or nething so i am not taking his preflop stats into play here, i am just focusing on his AF

Jay Riall 07-09-2007 01:45 PM

Most players with these stats play very straightforwards and usually only raise the nuts in situations like these imo.