Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   WOW WOW OMG WTF BBQ new Coen brothers movie trailer (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=427713)

NT! 06-14-2007 10:05 PM

Re: WOW WOW OMG WTF BBQ new Coen brothers movie trailer

pj,

thanks for posting the link. it's too bad that, in the process, i have lost all respect for any opinion about anything that you could ever have or consider having.

EDIT: p.s. plz make sure you don't have the contagious strain of ghey hipster, i don't want to wake up in ballhugging jeans listening to bloc party or something tomorrow

Blarg 06-14-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Movie could be good, I like the actors. Looks a little self-important, but sometimes the Coens can get past that.

Btw I never figured out WTF Barton Fink was about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I guess if he really did kill that broad, maybe. For whatever reason, I couldn't piece anything together when I was watching it.

Triumph36 06-14-2007 10:17 PM

The Big Lebowski #11?

Everyone stop hating, I'd rate the Big Lebowski #11 too...

...on a list of the greatest things Western Civilization has ever produced. I'd put mathematics around 4-5, the computer lower down, democracy'd be up there - and then The Big Lebowski.

ebranig 06-14-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
John Goodman's character in particular, The War Vet Who Shouts A Lot, is just a cliche and really easy humor. I also don't think the word "dude" repeated ad nauseum is gut-busting hilarity. But I appreciate its efforts, it just isn't my cup o' tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you totally missed the point. This whole character is almost meta humor. That's why it's funny. It is over exaggerated intentionally.

The Stranger 06-14-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
John Goodman's character in particular, The War Vet Who Shouts A Lot, is just a cliche and really easy humor. I also don't think the word "dude" repeated ad nauseum is gut-busting hilarity. But I appreciate its efforts, it just isn't my cup o' tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you totally missed the point. This whole character is almost meta humor. That's why it's funny. It is over exaggerated intentionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

if only I could find aviators like his

theblackkeys 06-14-2007 11:55 PM

Dear Private Joker,
Is Die Another Day still your favorite Bond flick?

Why do you like horrible movies so much?

private joker 06-15-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Private Joker,
Is Die Another Day still your favorite Bond flick?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my 4th favorite Bond movie, and that's because the entire Bond franchise is fairly retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you like horrible movies so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with Miller's Crossing and Fargo?

Hey everyone -- can you please put down the Lebowski Kool-Aid and stop flaming me for not joining your cult of white Russians and bowling, so we can get back on the topic of how awesome No Country For Old Men looks?

Boris 06-15-2007 12:17 AM

pj - keep fighting the good fight my man. I'm right behind you.

Los Feliz Slim 06-15-2007 12:38 AM

Boris,

Happy Birthday, brother!

pj,

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

GTL 06-15-2007 12:39 AM

I think that the ending will be the same. I'm not sure if it will be in the same order as the book though. I can't see them changing anything from the book. They may omit or rearrange certain things though.

If that makes sense to anyone. I can't wait to see this movie.

edit - SEMI SPOILER

I just watched the full preview, and it ends with Chigurh asking Carla Jean to "call it" (the coinflip). There is just no way they would put that scene in the movie and change the outcome. If they do, I would lose a lot of respect for the Coen brothers.