Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I'm not known for making big folds... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=421784)

trambopoline 06-07-2007 10:37 PM

Re: I\'m not known for making big folds...

Seriously, what are you guys putting him on that is ahead of you??? Can someone please justify their reasoning for "well maybe its nitty, but i fold" Come on, this was played like such an obvious draw or overpair from opponent and his turn makes no sense if he has a higher boat or quads. i fold here 0% of time (so dont go trying to bluff me off of an underboat)

TheWorstPlayer 06-07-2007 10:59 PM

i bet the turn 100% of the time. He is drawing dead way more often than you're behind. he has diamonds or the made straight a lot here. def def def bet the turn. then if a diamond falls, i push the river. if no diamond, i prob c/r the river (or c/c all-in). can't believe you want to lay this down. you are behind precisely one hand and I think he'd play 777 faster on the flop with the diamond draw out there.

pplayer28 06-08-2007 05:34 AM

DJ,

I feel like you missed alot of value in this hand everywhere. In your second post you say that it was obvious he had a draw here. Yet, instead of betting one of the best turn cards for your hand (maximizing value against your typical bodog donk who check calls everything), you turned your underboat into a bluff catcher. I feel like the only two hands you need to be scared of is 77 and 99, leaning much more towards 77. With all the crazy combo draws out there it's a crime not to get more money in by the river given villians line.

Take it fwiw, I've played alot of poker with u at 3-6nl on bodog, much respek for your game.

DJ Sensei 06-08-2007 05:58 AM

well a big part of this hand (and similar ones, particularly if deeper stacked than this) is the matter of "if stacks go all the way in, how often am i ahead?". it depends entirely on the opponent of course. against some, i'd stack off 6k or more with this hand. against others, with 3k stacks i'm playing for pot control. as played i might have missed some value because this guy is apparently splashing around more than i expected, but if i come out strong again on the turn, isnt my hand obviously strong given that he coldcalled me on the flop?

obviously trying to put a discrete dollar amount to the value of your hand is ridiculous in a NL context, but I think the underlying concept is there, buried in the language of betting patterns and hand ranges.

iRock 06-08-2007 11:29 AM

Playing for pot control on this turn is a poor choice.

dangerfish 06-08-2007 11:34 AM

You say your not paying off when its obvious he get there? Hnmm.... thats a lot of confidence in your reads. i really don't see not going broke with your hand in the game your describing but if you can check fold an A or K then nice read.. I hope.

The Dingo 06-08-2007 02:06 PM

God I think it looks fine, I may bet turn and get it all in there on any raise from him, It looks like A9 here probably diamonds.....

DJ Sensei 06-08-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say your not paying off when its obvious he get there? Hnmm.... thats a lot of confidence in your reads. i really don't see not going broke with your hand in the game your describing but if you can check fold an A or K then nice read.. I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the turn is a non-pairing diamond, i am most certainly not putting more money in the pot without good odds to draw to a boat, because at that point i am ahead of zero percent of his range (well, except maybe exactly 97, and that hand would just chill out after a diamond came off, because he'd be as scared of it as me)