Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Money. Bored. Evolution. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=411070)

PLOlover 05-25-2007 11:32 AM

Re: Money. Bored. Evolution.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure there is no empirical evidence for speciation through natural selection

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok post it. The fruit fly thing said that after 1/2 flies fed sugar and 1/2 flies fed starch for generations they preferred to mate with their "own" kind, but it didn't say that it was impossible for a sugar to reproduce with a starch, so I don't think that qualifies as speciation.

NotReady 05-25-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you will read and digest the contents of talkorigins, which would be a significant amount of effort on par with a good undergraduate level class, I imagine, I will pay you 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not anti-evolutionist, per se. I've even stated I have no problem with micro-evolution, i.e., things change. I have serious doubts about, but don't outright deny, one common ancestor and human evolution.

I could certainly use the money. If the test is only about what's on talk origin I'm game. I have no science worth mentioning so I couldn't pass anything on anthropology or biology,for instance, that isn't on that site.

When I finish this you could partner up with DS to send me for my Ph.D.

pokerbobo 05-25-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a creationist because I believe it to be the very best explanation of our universe. Not because God will smite me if I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this created in 6 days = best explanation

All of this created over billions of years = not best explanation

Really? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

yurk 05-25-2007 12:20 PM

the problem isnt the number of years or days, but the fact that the universe is finite directly contradicts evolution.

Inso0 05-25-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, but no one said anything about the universe. Do you believe it to be the best explanation for the creation of Earth, or the creation of life, or the creation of the diversity of life?

[/ QUOTE ]

The universe and ALL that is contained within it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But do you believe that there are processes at work in the universe, that work unattended, or do you believe that god pushes each atom around to their new assigned place?

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe the Universe is largely functioning under its own power.

A God who had to control each atom would be a God that needed to find a better hobby.

And before you ask, I do NOT believe that God used evolution to create man.

Inso0 05-25-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a creationist because I believe it to be the very best explanation of our universe. Not because God will smite me if I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not created over billions of years. Manifested on its own out of nothingness. To create something would require a creator. Evolution denies a creator of any kind.

yurk 05-25-2007 12:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

But do you believe that there are processes at work in the universe, that work unattended, or do you believe that god pushes each atom around to their new assigned place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it make more since for God to create laws that govern his creation instead of doing it all himself.

KUJustin 05-25-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible post.

Justin A 05-25-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not created over billions of years. Manifested on its own out of nothingness. To create something would require a creator. Evolution denies a creator of any kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What created the creator?

NotReady 05-25-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What created the creator?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did evolution evolve?