Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   100/200nl hu sooo I hit my draw ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408797)

king_of_drafts 05-22-2007 12:02 PM

Re: 100/200nl hu sooo I hit my draw ?

I think every street is great especially given cts's image. I like the bet sizing everywhere.

cts 05-22-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks good, i might bet 4800 on the turn though and call a shove...i think you are ahead on river and like AJ said checking seems like a mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

if you check the river and he goes all in a fold is definitly worth considering

[/ QUOTE ]

ya if I check river it's to check/fold

cts 05-22-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cts - are you able to talk about your plan for other turn cards? straight shutdown except for hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

well this is one of those 1 high card rainbow boards so it's a good one to bluff checkraise obv, and I try to mix it in when I have backdoor draws. Here the good cards for me are 3s, 4s, 5s, Ks, and hearts -- quite a decent portion of the deck -- and I could see continuing a semibluff (or value in this case, king) on a lot of these.

cts 05-22-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4k on flop, push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh I bluff these boards a lot so I try to keep my flop checkraises relatively cheap. Easy to get the money in when I've got a good hand anyways. In this hand the second the flop came I decided I was going to checkraise him, he had been firing $1000 into $1200 on most flops, but for some reason here he fired full pot. Normally when someone gives off a bet sizing tell like that here it's a strong hand so I def should have folded the flop I think but I was playing a bunch of tables and didn't really notice until I typed in my checkraise.

cts 05-22-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A turn shove is pretty appealing. It seems hard for him to get away from a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about doing this, and I don't think it's bad. Not really sure if I like it better though, I think ppl say "lol pot odds , calll" more often than "wowow big bet gotta be a bluff."

cts 05-22-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just have a question. if we take this line, and push the turn and run into KQ, is this considered a cooler?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's one of those spots where I think on the turn you have to decide if you wanna check it down folding to any bets (maybe call one) or go to valuetown. Gonna run into better hands a decent amount of the time, but I think here with my image on this board going for value was a little better.

cts 05-22-2007 01:52 PM

anyways thanks for the responses guys, surprised some of you thought the hand was standard I thought it was reasonably interesting.

he thought for a while and folded the river