Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hypothetical NBA Playoff series (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401075)

NozeCandy 05-14-2007 03:35 AM

Re: Hypothetical NBA Playoff series

Clark is right in every single post of this thread. This series would be over in however many games Michael decided he wanted it to go.

KingNeo 05-14-2007 04:35 AM

Umm....

With Jordan, Pippen, Harper, and Rodman playing defense this serious is over in 4 games.

The Bulls wouldnt even have to play a big man, and those 4 defenders might be the greatest quatro of all time.

BTW, the 95-96 Bulls were pretty good on offense too, I think they still had Jordan then.

DMBFan23 05-14-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, it took the 2006-7 Utah Jazz to beat Golden State on their home court. How could the Bulls hope to compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] I think Clark just owned this thread like 18 different ways.

LOL.

Bulls in 3 because the Warriors get booed off the court and don't come back for game 4.

P.S. I am rooting for GS in the playoffs and I like what they've done. But this is THE BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

Assani Fisher 05-14-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG, it took the 2006-7 Utah Jazz to beat Golden State on their home court. How could the Bulls hope to compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] I think Clark just owned this thread like 18 different ways.

LOL.

Bulls in 3 because the Warriors get booed off the court and don't come back for game 4.

P.S. I am rooting for GS in the playoffs and I like what they've done. But this is THE BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't really have an opinion on this series, but I think pointing out that Utah won one game in GS is a pretty weak reason to show that GS would lose this hypothetical. I could just as easily do this:

How much better do you think the Bulls were than this year's Mavs?

Here were the scores of their games in GS:

111-86
103-99
109-91

Now obviously this doesn't prove anything, but it proves just as much as Utah's win.

Butcho22 05-14-2007 08:00 PM

"How much better do you think the Bulls were than this year's Mavs?"

light years

bottomset 05-14-2007 10:00 PM

golden state matched up well vs Dallas, they don't match up well at all vs the Bulls

Assani Fisher 05-14-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
golden state matched up well vs Dallas, they don't match up well at all vs the Bulls

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually totally disagree.

Golden State's one weakness is that they can't defend the post well and they aren't very physical inside. Because of that a guy like Carlos Boozer is giving them fits.

However, the Bulls had Romdan and Longley inside- not scorers at all.

I think the Warriors match up quite well with the Bulls. I'm not saying they'd win, but I disagree with your match analysis.

bottomset 05-15-2007 02:22 PM

Jordan, Pippen and Rodman are alltime great defenders, and they have nobody that can slowdown Jordan

Kobe scored 43 26 42 vs GS this year for a similar player reference