Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Worst Strategy You've Overheard at a Table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390942)

terp 04-29-2007 05:13 PM

Re: WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE?

[ QUOTE ]

Just be grateful these people keep showing up with cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

Hass 04-29-2007 05:34 PM

Guy's sitting next to me at 8/16 keeps having his wife come over from the 3/6 game right next to us for advice.

I wish I could remember all of the things he told her throught the night, I was entertained for hours when she kept going back to her table and trying things.

"just get a table change if the whole table is chasing draws"

"if a lot of people call pf just fold and don't worry about looking because it's too hard to win when there is lots of people in the pot." and yes I watched her and she folded her button w/o looking after the whole table limped.

her "none of this is working"
him "you just have to know the odds hunny"

rageotones 04-29-2007 05:57 PM

this was a new one that i heard friday night.

hot chick who is really good is up about 2 buy-ins at my 2/5 500/max nl game. her boyfriend, who is a regular in the 5/10 nl game (God i wish i had the roll for that) tells her....

"you need to cash out and come back in 30 mins w/500 (she's sitting w/1500 or so) b/c you can only double people up at the table, and no one can double you up."

youtalkfunny 04-29-2007 06:48 PM

Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

[ QUOTE ]
Idk if anyone has mentioned this one yet, but Phil Helmuth's gem,

"AKo is better than AKs because you can make a flush with either suit"

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who don't know, Phil has retracted this opinion (after a night of getting buried, running them hot and cold for cash).

Durs522 04-29-2007 07:17 PM

Some guy at Foxwoods 2/5 game "There are no bad cards, just bad flops.".

RydenStoompala 04-29-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hot chick who is really good

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a better topic. How many mouth-breathing pea-brains have you seen in cardrooms sporting the best-looking fluff in the city? It's as if nature is prying at the gene pool, trying to move the species up the ladder. Thank goodness it has not worked.

Josem 04-29-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Idk if anyone has mentioned this one yet, but Phil Helmuth's gem,

"AKo is better than AKs because you can make a flush with either suit"

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who don't know, Phil has retracted this opinion (after a night of getting buried, running them hot and cold for cash).

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard that he made a bet against someone (Doyle?), and ran AKo vs AKs a bunch of times.

After losing a chunk, he learnt his lesson.

goodluck2me 04-29-2007 08:32 PM

46o is better than AA ,because i can hit a straight, TWO flushes two pair etc yadayadayada... you can onlu hit 2 cards...

i also like the "but it was for all my chips"

ikestoys 04-29-2007 11:06 PM

after i make a sick bluff:

i know you have me beat, but I'm calling with third pair anyways

KenProspero 04-29-2007 11:29 PM

Ok, if we're sharing war stories:

First time I've ever 'moved up' (in this case from 2-4 to 4-8. I'm undoubtedly the rock at the table (which by it self is a dubious strategy in this game). Finally, I get dealt KK and the flop is something like K89(rainbow). The player next to me says -- oh, you probably haven't played a hand in an hour. I guess I'll call. She ultimately calls down to the river with her 8J.

Next, single worst play I've ever seen (though it was ignorance so not really strategy). 2-4 game at the Flamingo. The flop is JJJ, and the turn is a J. I fold my useless pair of 4's. 4 players remaining. One of them folds.

The river is -- whatever. Two of the players show aces for the nuts, the third shows a King. The 4th player (who folded) says, Oh, I also had an Ace, but it was only A-7, so I figured I was outkicked.