Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Official bring the ANGEL back to average speed games thread! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346727)

chuckleslovakian 03-04-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Official bring the ANGEL back to average speed games thread!

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate playing as angel. I've never understood the hate for having angels in games, though. Sure, if your angel stays alive until the seer comes out, the village can coast. But, if the wolves are so bad they can't find the angel, do they deserve to win?

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you find the angel? Wolves find seers because seers are trying to give info to the village. Angel shouldn't play any different at all.

lastchance 03-04-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, if your angel stays alive until the seer comes out, the village can coast. But, if the wolves are so bad they can't find the angel, do they deserve to win?

[/ QUOTE ]
2 or 3 extra peeks after the seer comes out makes all the difference in the world.

wdcbooks 03-04-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate playing as angel. I've never understood the hate for having angels in games, though. Sure, if your angel stays alive until the seer comes out, the village can coast. But, if the wolves are so bad they can't find the angel, do they deserve to win?

EDIT: Angels will reduce a lot of the frustration around the games, too. I know lots of people that are tired of dying early, so either don't want to play as much, or purposely act wolfy so they aren't killed night 1. Both these things suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I couldn't disagree more. How does one find the angel? Do they leave angel hints? Finding the angel is nothing more than pure dumb luck. I remember a game early on where the seer was known right off because he played like crap, but he survived for five turns because the angel didn't post much at all. There is no skill involved in finding the angel, which is what makes having the role as a seer protector so frustrating.

durron597 03-04-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Angels will reduce a lot of the frustration around the games, too. I know lots of people that are tired of dying early, so either don't want to play as much, or purposely act wolfy so they aren't killed night 1. Both these things suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I couldn't disagree more. How does one find the angel? Do they leave angel hints? Finding the angel is nothing more than pure dumb luck. I remember a game early on where the seer was known right off because he played like crap, but he survived for five turns because the angel didn't post much at all. There is no skill involved in finding the angel, which is what makes having the role as a seer protector so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasn't that all star 1? (i.e. the game that made us get rid of the angel)

lastchance 03-04-2007 09:17 PM

Angels will act differently than normal villagers, so it's doable. But unless you are a ridiculous wolf (read: shortline), the seer's getting extra peeks which screws wolves, and you need to kill people that you don't want to find the angel. So yeah, it's really not that easy to kill the angel.

shortline99 03-04-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no skill involved in finding the angel, which is what makes having the role as a seer protector so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

Zurvan 03-04-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And we have a winner.

If you can find wolves as a villager, you can find power villagers as a wolf. I can rarely do either, but lots of other people can. All-star 1 was something of a crapfest all around, as I recall.

wdcbooks 03-04-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no skill involved in finding the angel, which is what makes having the role as a seer protector so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, there is minimal skill involved with finding the angel. It certainly isn't like finding the seer. I vowed never again to play a game where the angel can protect the seer for more than one turn and think I will be holding on to that resolution.

lastchance 03-04-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you agree that Angel-seer is bah-roken madness considering how game-changing two extra peeks are?

shortline99 03-04-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you agree that Angel-seer is bah-roken madness considering how game-changing two extra peeks are?

[/ QUOTE ]
If villages would learn how to properly cover for their seers, angels are completely unnecessary and incredibly broken.