Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Observant donk tips my hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343892)

PhatPots 03-02-2007 12:07 AM

Re: Observant donk tips my hand

I would have a problem if a player speculated as to what I had or gave another player information. I guess it depends what she specifically said.

I would have probably gotten upset as well. It sounds like you got a little more angry than I would have. But I don't fault you for it

NL Rounder 03-02-2007 06:08 AM

People do NOT talk about hands all the time while the hand is still in process. Colluders and cheats do.

betgo 03-02-2007 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think she was in violation of the rules and could be thrown out of the card room. I would call the floor over and explain what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way this woman is being thrown out of the room or given any other official sanction. People talk about hands all the time. It's part of the casual conversation which happens at the table, especially in small stakes games.

The OP shouldn't have reacted at all other than possibly to casually say something like "I had top pair. I knew it was good." His inability to control his anger after the hand and his inability to control his bulging blood vessels are probably linked.

[/ QUOTE ]
They probably wouldn't toss her out, but I would still make an issue of it. She was violating the rules.

Lee_C 03-02-2007 09:01 AM

That's funny.

Great looking table CanSpoilU. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lee_C 03-02-2007 09:19 AM

I agree. She should keep her mouth shut if she doesn't have cards in front of her.
It sounds however, that she was strictly trying to get attention drawn to herself - Hey look what I can do - kinda stuff.
You have to let it go and exploit her week poker skills as we already know her observation skills are probably greater than yours. So let your poker play speak for you.

Good luck -

mutiger91 03-02-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have a problem if a player speculated as to what I had or gave another player information. I guess it depends what she specifically said.

I would have probably gotten upset as well. It sounds like you got a little more angry than I would have. But I don't fault you for it

[/ QUOTE ]

She said

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, your pulse is really racing!

[/ QUOTE ]
or something to that effect.

on another topic...
[ QUOTE ]
...as we already know her observation skills are probably greater than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion based on the information at hand (never said anything about my own skills). Maybe you are right, but I wouldn't go that far. I'd just say I respect her observation skills. You are right that I had a huge edge on game fundamentals like hand selection, pot odds, aggression, etc.