Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300369)

Barry 01-07-2007 11:24 AM

Re: Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot

Norman is back!!!!

That's the best news that I've heard in a couple of months. Guess it's time for a trip down there.

Walnuts is LAG PF but is pretty straightforward post flop; he would 4-bet AA-QQ and AK when he sees that Norman is in and yes he does give off tells. So it's pretty obvious that he's peeling the flop with overs.

Norman can't play poker, but he's not a total retard. FWIW he's a pretty good chess player. I can't remember exactly, but he's got a decent ranking. He does make moves at pots, but usually his timing is way off.

On the play of the hand, it's all been said already.

jkamowitz 01-07-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im convinced op has lost his mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right Bill.

I was at this table but was not paying attention, so I did not realize what all the commotion was about after.

Bill, you MUST call this turn. Yes you might be reversely dominated by AK, QJ, AJ, and I understand why you'd be nervous about rivering an ace or a queen, but regardless play some poker.

This is a bad turn bet and a worse fold.

mterry 01-08-2007 12:10 AM

Either the OP forgot to mention there was a flush/draw on board, or the hand was incorrectly described, because op has made no indication he knows that a king on the river would bring him A-high straight, aka broadway, aka the nuts!

Bill King 01-08-2007 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Norman is back!!!!

That's the best news that I've heard in a couple of months. Guess it's time for a trip down there.

Walnuts is LAG PF but is pretty straightforward post flop; he would 4-bet AA-QQ and AK when he sees that Norman is in and yes he does give off tells. So it's pretty obvious that he's peeling the flop with overs.

Norman can't play poker, but he's not a total retard. FWIW he's a pretty good chess player. I can't remember exactly, but he's got a decent ranking. He does make moves at pots, but usually his timing is way off.

On the play of the hand, it's all been said already.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to hear from you barry.. hope you're doing well.

stinkypete 01-08-2007 05:10 AM

you should fold preflop.

i would play it the same way preflop and on the flop. the turn is just terrible, as everyone has said.

also, telling people that you were gonna bluff them cuz you know they're FOS is stupid, unless you're playing to boost your ego and not to make money.

dcb777 01-22-2007 01:50 AM

This is an easy 3 bet if Marky Walnuts is playing badly, (85%) of the time, but I would fold preflop if he is at the beggining of his session and thus hasn't gone on tilt yet or if he is protecting a win (15% of the time). As already mentioned you must check the turn in this spot, and I would plan on calling the river if 1) Norman bets and Mark folds or 2(if Norman checks and Mark bets.

Also discussing strategic decisions you would have or might make is suicide in this game. You are supposed to be making the fish think that you do not make moves in this game and I would also suggest that you limit 3 bet bluff moves against fish like Norman. The real money in this game is in value betting and playing aggresively in the correct spots. This is not the right spot even though you had a tie for the best hand. Remember this is live poker against fish and advanced internet 3 betting with A high isn't needed against them nor is it usually profitable.

ELGCC 01-22-2007 12:02 PM

since when is the foxwoods 20-40 a great game? I havent played it in a few years but I heard from many pple that it's the toughest 20-40 in the country. I dont ever remember it being particularly good either.

jkamowitz 01-22-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since when is the foxwoods 20-40 a great game? I havent played it in a few years but I heard from many pple that it's the toughest 20-40 in the country. I dont ever remember it being particularly good either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha?!?!??!

dcb777 01-22-2007 03:37 PM

lol. If this is a tough game i would like to see what a good game looks like!

Barry 01-22-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I havent played it in a few years but I heard from many pple that it's the toughest 20-40 in the country

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's really funny. Whoever you heard that from doesn't play very well as it may very well be the best 20/40 game in the country.