Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OT: TTFN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277275)

SEABEAST 12-07-2006 02:08 PM

Re: OT: TTFN

[ QUOTE ]
not to be a dick or anything but I honestly think one of your biggest problems is game selection.

Far too often I see you mindlessly loaded up in 5 consecutive SNGs with 4 other multitablers right behind you. It happens a lot and I generally try to avoid it. I realize you don't want to back down to the competition by waiting for a more opportune time to play but playing vs 5-7 other multitablers is surely -EV.

Just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this note, does anyone else feel like the change in the way the queues are created on stars a couple of weeks ago has really made things a lot worse? Ie. multitablers can sign up to the 5-6 queues forming at once with ease rather than having to constantly go back and forth with the lobby etc? I honestly feel like game selection has gotten so much worse since that change...

Eagles 12-07-2006 03:16 PM

Pineapple,
This really sucks I was about to say the same thing as pudge but seriously he gave you very good advice, I suggest you take a look at it.

Unarmed 12-07-2006 07:54 PM

Sorry to hear this, I hope you take another stab at the game though. I did -90 buyins at the 109s, (50 in a day also in a hotel in f*ckin Darwin Australia where I could have been on the f*cking beach) had 3 50 buyin downswings total, quit SNGs forever haven't played another one since. Oh and I didnt make a dime between April and June of last year playing a fair bit. Doing v well at cash now but I've dropped 15 buyins in a day there as well (it was only 400NL but still stung) I'm beating 5/10 for a healthy clip now. Its a f*cking hard job, no matter what anyone says. You have to continually pick yourself off the mat. But you can do it, I'm 100% sure of that.

Roland32 12-07-2006 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pineapple,
This really sucks I was about to say the same thing as pudge but seriously he gave you very good advice, I suggest you take a look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOD DAMN times are a changin. I really like you Pineapple you remind me alot of myself, whatever happens I wish you the best.

b33nz 12-07-2006 09:14 PM

pineapple, u will be missed.

however, i have an inkling that you might think you are better than you actually are (from my observations whenever i played with you way back when). i believe you obviously can learn alot more and come back and beat the 60s for a good profit. take this fwiw in your opinion.

peace and i hope we get to hear what your next venture will be.

TheNoodleMan 12-07-2006 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear this, I hope you take another stab at the game though. I did -90 buyins at the 109s, (50 in a day also in a hotel in f*ckin Darwin Australia where I could have been on the f*cking beach) had 3 50 buyin downswings total, quit SNGs forever haven't played another one since. Oh and I didnt make a dime between April and June of last year playing a fair bit. Doing v well at cash now but I've dropped 15 buyins in a day there as well (it was only 400NL but still stung) I'm beating 5/10 for a healthy clip now. Its a f*cking hard job, no matter what anyone says. You have to continually pick yourself off the mat. But you can do it, I'm 100% sure of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when unarmed went on this downswing and I remember that he posted a bunch of HH and got a lot of input. I really wish pineapple would do the same.

suzzer99 12-07-2006 09:49 PM

Yeah, might not be a bad idea. For some reason I had the same impression as Venetian in the few games I've played with you, that you went a little out of your way to seek confrontations. Could be this gets a little worse when you're running bad? Anyway just trying to help. GL and hang in there dude.

MrBump 12-08-2006 03:42 PM

Bit late on this.

I'm relativey new here, but you have already given me some good advice in my HH posts which I integrated into my game. Your advice has helped me significantly on the path to becoming a winning SNG player, so I have no doubt you yourself are a winning player, but does indeed sound you are on tilt which can only be harming your downswing.

Might be worth just single-tabling for a bit and analysing objectively each HH after each one ? That way, you can make some small tweaks while only losing a single buy-in.

Whatever you decide, good luck, chin up, and I hope you stick around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Venetian 12-09-2006 02:04 AM

pineapple888 on 12/9/06...

5.) Will the 60s be beatable by a less than top-notch player in the future?
Who knows? I'm waiting until after Jan. 1 personally, to see what develops.

For all those he was a [censored] to last night, you can take solace in that he couldn't even wait 24 hours to jump back in. Things'll be breakin' your way soon! Welcome back to the $60's, pineapple! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ChrisV 12-09-2006 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
switch to cash games already

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That said, I don't envy US pros at the moment. I'm playing almost 100% on sites where US players are banned (Party, Titan) though I've played a little on Absolute. Pokerstars is a rock garden these days.