Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Post a childhood memory (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251904)

Glo 11-08-2006 02:34 AM

Re: Post a childhood memory

[ QUOTE ]
My childhood was a combination of really good things and some really crappy things as well. My mother was Bi-Polar (Manic-Depressive) and so a lot of the good things were pushed aside by totally crazy stuff that a person would rather forget.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that answers why I don't remember much....

More Hawaii memories (love to hear more from other people too, btw).

Every big wave season (I left when I was 10, so that's how I remember it) the waves would be so big that they'd crash into the canals and for the kids, like me, who didn't wanna deal with drowning that day, we'd hang out there. The canals were made of concrete and the walls were 15/20 ft on each side. We'd catch a wave and it'd take us about 500 feet up. Most of the time we'd climb the walls and perfectly plan our jump so just when the wave hits the spot you jump and it'd carry you up a ways. Boogie & body boarding was awesome here too, especially when you were just learning.

I wish I could describe it better. And I did thank my dad a few years back for letting me grow up in Hawaii. Best thing that could ever happen to a kid.

Blarg 08-18-2007 07:20 PM

It was nice to read these again.

dvh 08-18-2007 08:23 PM

Wow, I've never read the lounge, don't know who Katy is, or any of you (of course I am much more anonymous to you). Lurked for quite awhile on these forums. I must say, I can relate to every post and instead of typing my memories at the end of a long day, I will go home with a smile and rejuvenation- THANK YOU!

Blarg 08-18-2007 09:07 PM

Glad you liked some of the stuff here, dvh. Check out some of the linked threads at the top of the forum, too. There's a lot of great stuff from the last year or so to read too.

Peter666 08-18-2007 10:05 PM

I could have lost my virginity at 5 years old to the perverted 8 year old neighbour's daughter. When we were playing one afternoon, she took me to a garage and proceeded to show me her private parts. I was rather surprised. Then she laid down on the ground and instructed me on how to mount her, saying it was a game called Hippopotamus. I did not want to pull down my pants, sensing something seriously wrong. Instead I just sat on her stomach, bounced up and down a few times, and then got the hell out. Compared to most kids growing up, Hungry Hungry Hippo had a profoundly different meaning for me.

Duke 08-18-2007 11:28 PM

I remember when I first decided that it was right to kill at times.

See, there was this skunk in the back yard. It was dying, sick, and could hardly move. Since we weren't about to take a skunk to the vet, an option would have been to just leave it there.

I didn't think that that would be right. If there were some way to save it, I would have tried that. But there wasn't, and all he'd have gotten out of s ignoring him was a few more hours of agony.

So my mom wouldn't let me take a gun (I was 9), and I was forced to throw large rocks at it from about 30' away. I had a pretty good arm, so it only took a few shots. I made sure it was dead after the first hit knocked it out, and then got it on a shovel and walked it to the back of my yard. We had 10 acres, so this was about a 500' walk. I dug a little hole and dumped it in.

I felt terrible about killing the skunk, but if there were no way for me to be saved, I'd have wanted it to do that for me, as quickly as possible.

DMC0627 08-19-2007 02:00 AM

When I was 11 my sister and mother came to my school and picked me up (I usually took the bus home). When we got home, my mom asked me if I would go into my room because there was a surprise for me. I went in, and there was the most beautiful little puppy in there. It wasn't my birthday, a holiday or anything, just a surprise. He was my first dog ever, I had wanted one my whole life. For some reason after many many years of begging, my parents decided it was the right time to get one. I think they were waiting until I was old enough to really care for him. It is one of the best memories of my life.

ifoughtpiranhas 08-19-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember when I first decided that it was right to kill at times.

See, there was this skunk in the back yard. It was dying, sick, and could hardly move. Since we weren't about to take a skunk to the vet, an option would have been to just leave it there.

I didn't think that that would be right. If there were some way to save it, I would have tried that. But there wasn't, and all he'd have gotten out of s ignoring him was a few more hours of agony.

So my mom wouldn't let me take a gun (I was 9), and I was forced to throw large rocks at it from about 30' away. I had a pretty good arm, so it only took a few shots. I made sure it was dead after the first hit knocked it out, and then got it on a shovel and walked it to the back of my yard. We had 10 acres, so this was about a 500' walk. I dug a little hole and dumped it in.

I felt terrible about killing the skunk, but if there were no way for me to be saved, I'd have wanted it to do that for me, as quickly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
whats 30' for us people not from skunkland?

jogsxyz 08-19-2007 01:15 PM

http://homepage.mac.com/andersenscot..._entry30_3.jpg

quirkasaurus 08-19-2007 08:50 PM

memories of doing not much with my dad.

watching monday night football...

watching "The Sunday Night Mystery" which was either
McCloud, Mannix, or I think Columbo ?

playing chess, backgammon with him.

he used to help me practice making the "Willie Mays" catch.
you start facing each other. Then my dad would throw a high
fly ball over my head, I would have to turn and run and
catch it over my shoulder. It helped make me quite a good
little baseball player.

my old schwinn typhoon that i used to ride for miles and
thought i went everywhere until i talked to other kids
that made me look like a lightweight, including my girl
friend in high school, who could ride no-handed on her
10-speed in 10th gear and simply FLY. i could not keep
up no matter what.