Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Michigan Ohio State Ticket Price (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=227290)

Aces McGee 10-04-2006 01:45 PM

Re: Michigan Ohio State Ticket Price

[ QUOTE ]
One loss by either team probably drops the price by 33% or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? Wouldn't it still be for the BigTen championship and a national title shot?

EDIT to say: Just so we're clear, I'm talking about the ticket price relative to what it is now. I recognize that the later in the season and the longer these teams go undefeated, the more the ticket price will rise.

-McGee

FlyWf 10-04-2006 02:13 PM

Oh, I'm talking about the ticket price relative to what it hypothetically would've been if both teams were undefeated.

Riverman 10-04-2006 02:15 PM

I just saw a pair on the 30 yard line for $3,200 on ebay (with bids, not just an asking price). This is just nuts...if they both go in undefeated I can imagine bad seats going for $1,000.

mattsey9 10-04-2006 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw a pair on the 30 yard line for $3,200 on ebay (with bids, not just an asking price). This is just nuts...if they both go in undefeated I can imagine bad seats going for $1,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's no small reason why OSU & Michigan travel well. In a lot of cases it's easier and cheaper to drive to a road game, pay for a hotel and watch in a different stadium. God knows I've been to Memorial Stadium many times and been in the minority when watching Indiana play UM or OSU.

Aces McGee 10-04-2006 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I'm talking about the ticket price relative to what it hypothetically would've been if both teams were undefeated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I finally figured that out. I agree.

My point, though, is that unless one of the teams absolutely collapses, I don't think tickets are going to get any cheaper than they are right now. And there's a solid chance that they will get significantly more expensive.

-McGee

djj6835 10-04-2006 11:11 PM

I sold mine for face value, $35 , to a brother of a friend.

Victor 10-04-2006 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sold mine for face value, $35 , to a brother of a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

bbv obv.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-04-2006 11:26 PM

jesus there are riduculous prices being thrown around in here.

I went to games 1 and 2 of the World Series in Fenway Park in 04. Average seats. I could have sold each ticket for $1,500 ish, and this was for the World Series in Fenway Park, which is the most expensive park in MLB.

I can't imagine a regualr season college football game in a 100,000 seat stadium selling for more. It reminds me of Beanie Baby prices

djj6835 10-04-2006 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine a regualr season college football game in a 100,000 seat stadium selling for more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have friends who have parents that are professors at Ohio State. Their tickets to this one game sell for enough to pay for tution. It's insane here. I just noticed four C deck tickets going for over $1000. As a fourth year student I got A deck seats. I have seen pairs of ticket right near mine going for $3000+ which means I should probably kill myself for agreeing to sell them last year.