Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Long Game Schedule Idea (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=161035)

sighing 09-14-2006 11:19 AM

Re: Long Game Schedule Idea

Dungeon

Mod: Sighing
Starting: 10/10/2006 (Tentative, after Wheel of Time game)
Seeking Players? Not yet
How Many Players? 24, subject to change
Summary: Fantasy theme, party of Adventurers vs. Monsters. Players all have hit points, so many attacks are not outright kills like in a normal WW game. Every player has a class (wizard, cleric, etc.) with a special ability.
Link: Not yet, still tuning the ruleset a little

Nicholasp27 09-14-2006 11:33 AM

what about just putting in timeslots from now on?

every monday a new game starts

every other week is a theme/alt rules game

every other week is an average speed standard game

even with 28 players, that'll be done in 2 weeks with 1 lynch/1 eating each day, even with 1-day weekends it should be fine

and we'll always have something to look forward to on mondays and we'll always have a max of 2 games going at once and there won't be trouble scheduling games

we'll know when they all start and about when they'll finish (based on rules of game)

an additional idea is to have EVERY thursday start a new average speed game that is a 17 person game; that'll be done (or on 2v1 worst case) by when the next starts...plus, 6 people from monday's average speed will already be out and some will not have joined the monday one

or just make 2 average speeds a week; we split up all people who wanna play into 2 groups, with 17 being the max in each and 13 being the least in each; then the games will only take a week so EVERY week we have an average speed to look forward to and every other week a theme game

sighing 09-14-2006 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about just putting in timeslots from now on?

every monday a new game starts

every other week is a theme/alt rules game

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I went two weeks out from WOTime for just that reason, so makes sense to me (though I chose a Tuesday start due to the US holiday)

ScottHoward 09-14-2006 11:36 AM

timeslots = 12pm-4pm
practically everbody is available at this time
someday youll all thank me

amplify 09-14-2006 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
timeslots = 12pm-4pm

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget prisoners.

Hornacek 09-14-2006 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
timeslots = 12pm-4pm

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget prisoners.

[/ QUOTE ]

out biotches

ScottHoward 09-14-2006 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
timeslots = 12pm-4pm

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget prisoners.

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought it went without saying that we need prisoners

Nicholasp27 09-14-2006 11:41 AM

actually, i take back the ave speed idea

i think that should just start as soon as the previous one is over (or even down to last day)

someone can volunteer to mod the next one when it's getting close to the end and start signups and pick a day to start that should coincide with end of current one

but theme games should do an every-other-week schedule (altho i'm fine with every week like mishmash this monday and wheel of time next monday, but many people want only one theme at a time so that's fine)

Jonsan 09-14-2006 12:38 PM

I think we will probably see a lack of participation in some of the upcoming games due to the overlap of WoT, MM4, POG, and 24.

Nick's idea is good, but I still think a schedule sticky where people can call dibs on a start date is worthwhile. I am of the opinion that there should be no more than 1 theme game and 1 standard game running at the same time.

Zurvan 09-14-2006 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we will probably see a lack of participation in some of the upcoming games due to the overlap of WoT, MM4, POG, and 24.

Nick's idea is good, but I still think a schedule sticky where people can call dibs on a start date is worthwhile. I am of the opinion that there should be no more than 1 theme game and 1 standard game running at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jonsan's absolutely right.

We just don't have a big enough player pool to have 4 games running all at once.