Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Serious moving to Vegas question- What car to get. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=140394)

surfinillini 06-17-2006 01:26 PM

Re: Serious moving to Vegas question- What car to get.

DCJ,

while OP's admitting financially that its not the best thing, he bascially says that he needs a nicer car to feel more confident about himself and "get serious" with women

sublime 06-17-2006 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One big fat brag post

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh?

if i was in his financial situation i wouldn't be bragging, hes a walking spending machine obviously.

dude, get whatever car you want**. buying something you DONT REALLY WANT and then trading it in for something you DO REALLY WANT (get the BMW btw) will only cost you more money.

**considering your spending 'habits' i don't think you should get a new car yet. learn some behavioral control first.

Nielsio 06-17-2006 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to having an '86 celebrity, I've almost avoided getting serious with chicks so I wouldn't have to drive them anywhere (live in DC now, can use metro) So I'm more than interested to flipping the switch and getting a car solely for women reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

..ensuring you only get a woman who's judging you on that.

palman 06-17-2006 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I'd probably never own a really nice car in LV because of all the bad drivers, car thieves, and dust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that makes alot of sense, and I think has been a worry of mine that was underlying fear that you mentioning has brought to the surface.

Yes, there's been a bit of bragging, but I tried to mix that with plenty of self-depricating information as well. Should I have posted in BBV? It didn't seem poker related.

When I drove from college to DC, all the stuff was in my backseat and I couldn't see out of my back window because the material from my roof was hanging down, so I ripped it off. I needed a new battery at one point and got one, but left it on the floor of the passenger side for too long and battery acid leaked all over the floor eventually. I'd love to know who here would actually enjoy the prospect of picking up someone in that.

We're all douchebags, we post on internet messageboards. I thought we all universally agreed to accept that.

MyTurn2Raise 06-17-2006 06:01 PM

Do you play craps or anything of such nature?

Jeffmet3 06-18-2006 07:39 PM

Go with either a:

M3 or a S4

HossTheBoss 06-18-2006 07:54 PM

get an is350, or a g35 you sicko

TheStation 06-18-2006 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get an Acura TL, black on black and tint the windows. It'll be perfect for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree with this but maybe thats because exactly what i drive, good times

Side notes:
330 is nice but im not sure if its worth the premium
Audi is nice as well but for that price just the get the TL with A-spec package (at least body molding parts, suspension parts depending on how much you value that)

If I was shorter (im 6'3") I would have gotten an Infiniti G35 Coupe - Just uncomfortable seats and car had less storage/hauling ability than I needed

absoludicrous 06-18-2006 08:03 PM

I love how you feel buying a new nice car is somehow going to instantly get you laid. What douchebags in OOT have eluded you to that? Buy a tool truck...