Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Endurance Prop Bets (Pool & Ocean) in Turks & Caicos (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512036)

GTL 09-30-2007 04:37 AM

Re: Endurance Prop Bets (Pool & Ocean) in Turks & Caicos

when someone wants to do a prop this bad, well, you know the rest.

aitchie 09-30-2007 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For McCabe to take the bet, there needs to be a total of $100,000 in action against him. If there are any serious takers out there, you probably know someone down here that you can contact to broker the deal. (Unfortunately, I can't get involved on the money side of this, so please don't send inquiries my way.)

So, are there any serious takers out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

paging durrr?

Sykes 09-30-2007 07:50 AM

seriously if mccabe is such a [censored] expert on staying in ocean for that long, someone should prop bet him to swim the english channel.

there is no [censored] way he could do this. if i had 100k to blow, this is a slam dunk sure fire bet.

mr.bum 09-30-2007 07:51 AM

true story...a small plane crashes in the gulf of mex 3 male passengers are treading watter while holding on to a cooler for flotation. they were in the water for 2 plus days with no drinking water. everyone survives with relative ease...why is this thought to be so difficult? obv not easy, but impossible/worst of it? why?

BJ Nemeth 09-30-2007 09:31 AM

It rained all night long, and there was quite a bit of lightning. So Seif missed a good opportunity if they had started the bet yesterday.

It is still raining right now, although lightly, but I haven't seen McCabe yet today. Right now, the bet seems unlikely to happen.

But McCabe is convinced he can do this, and there seem to be quite a few gamblers on the other side, saying it's impossible. So we may not have heard the last of this bet.

cpitt398 09-30-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
true story...a small plane crashes in the gulf of mex 3 male passengers are treading watter while holding on to a cooler for flotation. they were in the water for 2 plus days with no drinking water. everyone survives with relative ease...why is this thought to be so difficult? obv not easy, but impossible/worst of it? why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the currents would make it much more difficult than holding on to a float out in the sea, though Im not sure by how much.

If had that kind of loot I would have to bet he couldnt do it unless it was lake calm water

bustedromo 09-30-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cooler was filled with cold cuts, steak rolls, pepper jack, spicy brown mustard, Kettle chips, and Fiji bottled water.

BJ Nemeth 09-30-2007 12:48 PM

It won't happen today, but it might happen soon. Another update is coming, mixed in with the live updates at today's WPT Final Table. (I'm not the one who spoke to McCabe today, so I have no details yet.)

cwar 09-30-2007 01:45 PM

Awesome thread BJ.

VeryTnA 09-30-2007 02:13 PM

He should NOT be allowed to wear a wetsuit. I have not seen that as a rule. They did say he could only drink COLD water. Hot water, coffee and soup would have made the stay much easier.