Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Thinking about buying a used BMW (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495399)

luckybacon 09-08-2007 08:50 PM

Re: Thinking about buying a used BMW

i have a 2000 BMW 323iA. and im looking to sell it. Premium edition no major repairs ever. 60k miles. hunter green. hitme up

qdmcg 09-08-2007 10:23 PM

DCIFR,

Is that University City/STL, MO?
Looks like apartments right around Washington University.

ps nice car

MarkD 09-09-2007 12:37 AM

Dcifr,

I did not fully understand the problem (as you did not fully explain it). Did you check your fuses though? Please at least do that before you take it in.

My guess is if both lights stopped working at the same time it's the fuse and it's probably about $1 to fix. If they stopped working at different times it might be two fuses but more likely is something else.

RiverFenix 09-09-2007 02:40 AM

You can get a solid 50kmi BMW for under 15k if you have a registered dealer purchase one at a used car auction. I think they ask for 10% commish or so but its well worth the savings. May be hard to find someone that will do it for you, but def try as you could save a couple grand and find a better deal.

DcifrThs 09-09-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dcifr,

I did not fully understand the problem (as you did not fully explain it). Did you check your fuses though? Please at least do that before you take it in.

My guess is if both lights stopped working at the same time it's the fuse and it's probably about $1 to fix. If they stopped working at different times it might be two fuses but more likely is something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea they stopped working at different times, and progressively (blinker, then brake light, then rear light). i haven't checked the fuses. it is probably easy enough that i should know how to do it so can you recommend a site that could tell me how to do it?

thanks,
Barron

DcifrThs 09-09-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DCIFR,

Is that University City/STL, MO?
Looks like apartments right around Washington University.

ps nice car

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i got my MBA at wash u so that is right there. i now live in NY and have NY plates [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Barron

MarkD 09-09-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dcifr,

[/ QUOTE ]

yea they stopped working at different times, and progressively (blinker, then brake light, then rear light). i haven't checked the fuses. it is probably easy enough that i should know how to do it so can you recommend a site that could tell me how to do it?

thanks,
Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some stuff typed up but google came up with this and it seems "ok" upon a quick glance.

http://www.ehow.com/how_112724_fix-faulty-car.html

Let me know if you have questions.

Nick Varner 09-09-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow! am I just out of touch with reality here or 11K of repairs in 25K km is just extremely high?.

I guess Im used to my old tercel 94. Perhaps 1, 2K MAX of repairs in 3 years and 70K km, now a 200KM total. That [censored] just never breaks. But its ugly, rusted and so boring to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

For someone spending 8500 on a car, 11k on repairs should be WAY out of your league. but god bless if you have the money to spend 11k on repairs from may 2006 to now...really if anyone on earth knew youd be spending that much on repairs in a little over a year and 4 months, they may say it would be the worst used car on the market

Al4as 09-11-2007 01:14 AM

ok thats reassuring lol.

I was so scared that situation was somewhat standard.

Preem 09-11-2007 05:17 AM

According to the March 2007 Consumer Reports, the five most reliable cars are all made by Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura.

If reliability is important, I'd stick with these brands.

Consumer Reports' annual new car reliability predictions