Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Complete loss of sex drive because of antidepressants... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528638)

CharlieDontSurf 10-22-2007 07:06 PM

Re: Complete loss of sex drive because of antidepressants...

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, is half the forum on the goofballs?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 of the us is

GinaSD 10-22-2007 07:09 PM

that, or ukeleles. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

xJames2112 10-22-2007 07:34 PM

I am currently on Paxil CR for depression and social anxiety disorder, and the sexual side effects lasted about two weeks and then I was fine. Some other side effects come and go(especially now since I upped my dose). It is very important you talk with your psychiatrist like everyone else in the thread has already said, and try to find a medication that you can handle. I am not sure what other meds are out there since the only other anti-depressant I was on was prozac.

catalyst 10-22-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, what the hell

kkcountry 10-22-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No problems on Lexapro

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. If anything it increased my sex drive because I wasn't so depressed all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

thirded

Anacardo 10-22-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. Shocking, no?

Idiotex 10-22-2007 09:25 PM

I took zoloft a couple of years ago for a six month period. I thought sex was great with it. Definitely hard to blow, but that was the beauty of it. You could kind of enjoy sex like a woman and not have to worry about blowing. Eventually you will learn to focus your mind so that you will have an orgasm. It takes a while but trust me you'll get there. I'm not saying it is just mental focus, obviously you still need the physical element. But where as without an anti-depressant / orgasm repressant the physical pleasure alone will be enough, you need to use your mind as well on the drugs.

I know this sounds nuts but I had a blast having sex on anti-depressants and was nervous about sex when I stopped taking them. Lolz.

Edit: I was shagging a hotty in this period so I had something good to "focus" on, not sure how it would work with an ugly fatty.

JJSCOTT2 10-22-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is nature's way of guaranteeing you don't reproduce, sort of like 'survival of the non-cutting fittest'.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the greatest thing ever.

HeroInBlack 10-22-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty amazing humans were able to survive without antidepressants for thousands of years without offing themselves at the drop of a hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in fairness, My Chemical Romance didn't exist back then.

MicroBob 10-22-2007 10:38 PM

Interesting catch 22...because if I lost my sex drive I would really need the anti-depressants.