Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How often do you check the size of your bankroll? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492511)

pureklas 09-22-2007 11:08 PM

Re: How often do you check the size of your bankroll?

I am a compulsive check and poker tracker. I think it's the caus eof some added stress on a losing session and really need to stop.

syncmaster 09-23-2007 01:15 AM

Wow I had no Idea how many people had my same problem. GL guys I'm trying to control myself, with no luck so far.

09-24-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
every 2 minutes while playing a session

[/ QUOTE ]

I`m the clęaner and I`m a compulsive account checker ....

Gene Paulson 09-24-2007 08:44 PM

I read somwhere that if you are making bets with positve expectation you have freed yourself from the cares of what is happening; so maybe you fellow aren't getting the best of it . always play poker with the odds in your favor(or play me) that way you can be cured of your mania and disorder these reports I may have to have sent into the Gambling problems hotline (they have a large billboard on the way to the local cardroom)many doctors use drugs to treat such illness. And what about me? I don't look because I don't have one

AirmanSpecial 09-24-2007 11:03 PM

I keep the cashier open under my tables so that the account balance is always showing between the middle-right table and the IM window in the lower right.

choccypie 09-25-2007 05:17 AM

I check before and after a session, no point in looking at my bankroll constantly, it's not exactly going to suddenly fly off somewhere.

five4suited 09-25-2007 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check once at the end of every session. I dont see the value in compulsively checking.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is answer is correct /thread

[/ QUOTE ]

The only times I look are when I'm in freefall or on a nice rush.

Shizzle12345 09-25-2007 02:31 PM

Never ever check when ur on a nice run. It really can make me tilt if i lose a couple pots and see my profits go down 30% or something. And then it ruins the session and i have to quit.

speedle 09-25-2007 02:38 PM

I don't look at the cashier, but i will sometimes check my PT stats...

Although it's not as bad as it was before (i.e. checking it every 1 minute). Now i check before the session, perhaps once in the middle and at the end.

One thing that has helped me alot @ not worrying with that kind of thing is to keep a log of my PT stats before and after every session.

P.S.- First post @ 2p2. Hello all.

Vince. 09-25-2007 03:21 PM

I'm pretty bad when it comes to this. I usually keep my cashier open at the bottom of my screen so I can see the fluctuations, and if I don't have it open I usually check it every minute or so. Even playing over rolled doesn't seem to help this problem.

One problem is that when I'm winning I tend to play more passive because I'm happy about my bankroll growing and I don't want that number to go back down, so many times I end up quitting after winning 2-3 buyins because I'm playing bad.