Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/5/ Blind Battle vs. Stinger (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510049)

Ship Ship McGipp 09-27-2007 10:31 PM

Re: 25/5/ Blind Battle vs. Stinger

[ QUOTE ]
calling the river here is terrible imo... I think turn is pretty close, I can see a case for calling/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wanna fold the turn?!?

samh133 09-27-2007 11:02 PM

I don't like shoving the river here. I agree with Stinger that you can't really rep anything and I agree with mperich that a shove would be much better if the J was not a diamond. I also highly doubt that stinger is 3 barreling you here with J10. So Ike is pretty much right here that Stinger isn't going to fold anything he is value betting on this river. He is only folding if he has air here which I don't think is that often. So I think folding>calling>shoving.

bigt439 09-28-2007 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"if stinger was betting for value he's folding to a raise 0% of the time"

uuuuuuuh no

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh... this makes no sense.

HeheOkok 09-28-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i loled

stephenNUTS 09-28-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

uuuuuuuh no

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh... this makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

FiSheYe 09-28-2007 01:34 PM

Uh interesting spot, unfortunately I don't know Stingers tendencies in blind battles and what your image is. Does Stinger believes you would fold J9 there? I mean how likely is he trying to bluff you off a toppair hand? Do you reraise 99-TT there PF? What about smaller pocketpairs ? If he thinks you will call him lightly I do like a fold more, if you call many pocketpairs on the turn but give up frequently on the river I do like a call.
The problem in the given hand is that his range is extremely wide and I don't see him bluffing all streets too often on such a board unless there is some metagaming involved.
How would he play a hand like 88-TT ? Turning TT into a bluff seems unlikely and I cannot see a good argument for value betting with it especially if you will check many weaker hands behind and won't turn them into bluffs...
I can't see him having here J4s, J2s or J5s all too often, dunno about 42s or other smallish suited connectors. Range should be JJ+, 44, 22, 77, AJ-KJ (QJ?, J7s), Ad3d, 4d3d, 5d4d(6d3d, ) some sort of bluffs/semi bluffs that improved until the river and pure bluffs.. All together without more information I think folding the river > call > allin

raptor517 09-28-2007 02:52 PM

shove river. trust me its cool. not joking either.