Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   BFI November [censored] thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536089)

SuperWhale 11-03-2007 06:05 PM

Re: BFI November [censored] thread

All this crap with the markets is really hurting my ability to switch jobs.

Life swongs are one thing.

raptor517 11-03-2007 11:01 PM

ok i dont get it. how come every time i buy whatever stock i think seems cool the dow drops 350 points that day? )*#%()*%()*%*%#@%*#@&%*#@&%. stupid stock market. ima go buy rental properties.

spino1i 11-03-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i dont get it. how come every time i buy whatever stock i think seems cool the dow drops 350 points that day? )*#%()*%()*%*%#@%*#@&%*#@&%. stupid stock market. ima go buy rental properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

man you just need to find a good stock. Longing ESV is the only good one I can find right now. Shorting AMZN is not a bad plan either right now.

john kane 11-04-2007 05:31 AM

if you don't read the leverage thread but do read this, any thoughts on long sugar and long swiss franc vs british pound?

raptor lols i know the feeling, why i left stocks and jumped on to commodities.

ahnuld 11-04-2007 11:35 AM

raptor, read a bit of the intelligent ivestor. You probably just fall into the natural instinctual trap everybody does of buying after things have had a huge run and panic selling after things already dropped a [censored]. Both are irrational yet totally evolutionary feelings.

raptor517 11-04-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raptor, read a bit of the intelligent ivestor. You probably just fall into the natural instinctual trap everybody does of buying after things have had a huge run and panic selling after things already dropped a [censored]. Both are irrational yet totally evolutionary feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive always tried to do the opposite. ive read the intelligent investor. i also sell too soon i think, i picked up fslr at like 34 bucks a share but sold it at like 90. so far the only pretty successful stock ive picked up. within a week after selling it was up over 130. i was /endlifing.

ahnuld 11-04-2007 03:58 PM

Think im going to buy some nov xlf puts on monday (xlf is the financials eft). just have a feeling this isnt over and I want to hedge my financials for now.

leo. 11-04-2007 04:47 PM

My portfolio includes physical gold, gold miners, oil stocks and im looking into infastructure. Started investing in these in 2006

john kane 11-05-2007 05:37 AM

holy cow hong kong is getting crushed, down 6% today. typical first time i invest in it and within a week it's down about 10% = bye bye $3k.

tempted to load up on this dip but i kinda fear it could drop some more. hmmmm....tempted to but i dont really want anymore exposure to it.

ahnuld 11-05-2007 10:52 AM

got my xlf nov puts a bit more expensive than I wanted. Too bad you cant trade on weekends or I would have been protected from the citi news