Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Turning $50.00 into $10,000.00 - Poker blog 10k challenge. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232911)

Aceshigh7 10-12-2006 01:30 PM

Re: Turning $50.00 into $10,000.00 - Poker blog 10k challenge.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How bout not deleting this thread, but just deleting some of the trollish replies?

This is a poker forum, and people post their bankroll quest's all the time. His is a very good blog with some good hand analysis. And there aren't any advertisements on his blog either.

Not sure why so many of you decided to act like holier than thou douches during this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it sets a precedent. And then people who have blogs with ads post them. There are plenty of places to post your blogs for people who want to read them. You can even link it in your profile and write "BLOG IN PROFILE" in your location. troutblogs is there for everyone who wants to post their blogs.

Are there innocent cases of people saying "hey, $50 on stars for $50 on party"? Sure, but someone ruins it for everyone. And I have read numerous posts of people spamming blogs with big ads in the top and this and that and it just clogs the forum up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] made you the leader of this forum? You really need to get over yourself.

He posted an interesting blog and it would have been nice if this thread was filled with some discussion regarding his sessions and goal. That's the way it used to work around here, before this board became infested with a bunch of pompous newbs like yourself.

danzasmack 10-12-2006 01:33 PM

Exactly.

No Fizzle 10-12-2006 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He posted an interesting blog and it would have been nice if this thread was filled with some discussion regarding his sessions

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this is for you big boy:

[ QUOTE ]

"The play in these is worse than cash games and SNG's combined, it can be quite a mine field to navigate through. They don't fold any draws"

First hand posted:

robert-gouge raises to 1,440, and is all in

"I picked up an open ended straight draw and a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Borknagar 10-13-2006 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When will it occur to you (as in everyone who posted a link to their blogs in this thread) that nobody cares, whatsoever? Who has the time to read through someone else's long-winded attempt at turning $110 into $10,000? I built my $4500 bankroll from $60 in about a month and a half. I didn't document it in a blog because there is no level on which that's not mind-numbingly boring to read about...

[/ QUOTE ]

When will it occur to you that you don't speak for everybody? There are people that are interested. And if you are not, how bout getting out of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I like to make people feel stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, even yourself? Because I would feel like an idiot if I was you, a total retard.

otnemem 10-13-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When will it occur to you (as in everyone who posted a link to their blogs in this thread) that nobody cares, whatsoever? Who has the time to read through someone else's long-winded attempt at turning $110 into $10,000? I built my $4500 bankroll from $60 in about a month and a half. I didn't document it in a blog because there is no level on which that's not mind-numbingly boring to read about...

[/ QUOTE ]

When will it occur to you that you don't speak for everybody? There are people that are interested. And if you are not, how bout getting out of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I like to make people feel stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, even yourself? Because I would feel like an idiot if I was you, a total retard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that was a, um, good... insult? I'm sort of embarrassed for you right now. Aren't you missing recess or something? Or do you have detention?

RunDownHouse 10-13-2006 01:38 PM

Aceshigh7,

You know the Astros didn't make the playoffs this year, right?

Aceshigh7 10-13-2006 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aceshigh7,

You know the Astros didn't make the playoffs this year, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. And you know the Cards limped into the playoffs and are in the process of getting smoked by the Mets right?

And until this series is over, the Astros are still NL champs.

rgouge 10-14-2006 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He posted an interesting blog and it would have been nice if this thread was filled with some discussion regarding his sessions

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this is for you big boy:

[ QUOTE ]

"The play in these is worse than cash games and SNG's combined, it can be quite a mine field to navigate through. They don't fold any draws"

First hand posted:

robert-gouge raises to 1,440, and is all in

"I picked up an open ended straight draw and a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

15 outs if I can be sure I'll see the flop and the river, I'm a slight favorite to almost any hand except a set, even then I'm still 45% ish to win.

Pushing here works. I wouldn't have raised all-in if I thought they would fold. With 15 outs and being fairly certain that hitting any would win the hand for me, I'm feeling good about doubling up here.

Why I posted the "they dont fold draws or top pair" in the prelude, I'm talking about making money off of these guys because they will call HUGE pot bet with nothing but a flush draw or gutshot.

rgouge 10-14-2006 02:50 AM

Oh, and people posting "Why bother? Why post these hands? It seems like tedious work."

Yes, it can be a pain going through key hands for each session. I do it, because its fun. It helps me play better, helps others play better and I do have a link to full tilt so it will help make a little money too. It's a win/win for everyone.