Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Change to the sidebar: Feedback requested. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474690)

Ribbo 08-11-2007 03:04 PM

Re: Change to the sidebar: Feedback requested.

Each forum should be forced to pick a member to represent the forum for them. Stick everyone in a MTT and the order of bustout chooses the order the forums are represented in the sidebar. First out at the bottom of course, which will be Micro Stakes NL obv [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thremp 08-11-2007 03:39 PM

Nice

metsandfinsfan 08-11-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Each forum should be forced to pick a member to represent the forum for them. Stick everyone in a MTT and the order of bustout chooses the order the forums are represented in the sidebar. First out at the bottom of course, which will be Micro Stakes NL obv [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

Conspire 08-11-2007 07:05 PM

I like it, u wont have to be scrolling up and down to get to certain forums that u want to view.

Falc 08-11-2007 07:46 PM

Concept is good but will one be able to change it's (only the sidebar) colors? I'd like it a bit darker than on the testpage.

RoundTower 08-12-2007 02:45 AM

It would be sweet if the top group was a customizable "my forums".

Silent A 08-12-2007 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1) it needs to remember which sections are expanded/contracted between pages AND sessions. it's gonna be super annoying if every time i open my browser i have to contract the sections i don't care about. ideally my sidebar preferences would be saved to my profile (or i could set up defaults to attach to my profile).

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I go back to the test pages (after closing it previously, obviously) it remembers which sections were expanded and contracted.

At least in Firefox anyway.

PokrLikeItsProse 08-12-2007 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#1) it needs to remember which sections are expanded/contracted between pages AND sessions. it's gonna be super annoying if every time i open my browser i have to contract the sections i don't care about. ideally my sidebar preferences would be saved to my profile (or i could set up defaults to attach to my profile).

[/ QUOTE ]

It does remember, but it will be machine-based, not profile-based. The cookies used are distinct from the rest of the cookie stuff in 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

So no chance, then, of having a sidebar option for only your favorite forums? Oh, well, sidebars feel kind of obsolete with tabbed browsing these days.

Manpriest 08-12-2007 08:33 AM

Very nice.

Dranoel 08-12-2007 08:57 AM

I like.

Can we get some new forums added to the list as well? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]