Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Fall '07 Movie Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502487)

Case Closed 09-18-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Fall \'07 Movie Thread

Wow, Juno looks like it's gonna be an amazing movie. Sadly I doubt it will come anywhere near the 2 screen cinema we have here at WIU.

Dids 09-18-2007 05:00 PM

The chick in Juno was cute in in that totally asexual way in X-Men. She's now pushing cute in a sexual way and it makes me uncomfortable.

That movie looks [censored] awesome. That cast is almost unfair it's so awesome.

Ken_AA 09-18-2007 10:51 PM

American Gangster was based on a Nicholas Peglosi book I believe. The one novel of his I've read was kinda blah.

Ken

CharlieDontSurf 09-18-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
American Gangster was based on a Nicholas Peglosi book I believe. The one novel of his I've read was kinda blah.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

No..its based originally of a article. Steve then did tons of research, interviewed the guys, etc and wrote the script.

felson 09-19-2007 01:16 AM

Sleuth looks good; it's a suspense/mystery film. Michael Caine, Jude Law, directed by Kenneth Branagh, screenplay by Harold Pinter. Limited US release on Oct 12.

ReDeYES88 09-19-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sleuth looks good; it's a suspense/mystery film. Michael Caine, Jude Law, directed by Kenneth Branagh, screenplay by Harold Pinter. Limited US release on Oct 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, I'm Michael Caine. You may remember me from such films as Sleuth and Sleuth.

Kirkrrr 09-20-2007 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3:10 to Yuma - very entertaining. Good acting by many, hilariously horrible acting by Luke Wilson. Overall, quite a good movie. Not great in the way Unforgiven is great, but just a solid Western. Definitely worth watching. Also has extensive discussion thread in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ending was strange, but I enjoyed most of this flick. Which one was Luke Wilson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luke Wilson isn't in the movie, El D is slightly confused - the part of Charlie Prince is played by Ben Foster, in my opinion a totally sick actor (he's also the meth-addicted Nazy from Alpha Dog). (Ben Foster ). To say I wasn't impressed with it would be an understatement - awesome acting gone horribly to waste due to a terrible plot. Saw it with a friend and we were both pissed and wanted to shoot the director.

Kirk

cwsiggy 09-20-2007 12:15 PM

Saw Eastern Promises last night - very good, though surprisingly slow paced. Viggo was great and a nice little twist. Some serious gore and graphic scenes.

CharlieDontSurf 09-20-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3:10 to Yuma - very entertaining. Good acting by many, hilariously horrible acting by Luke Wilson. Overall, quite a good movie. Not great in the way Unforgiven is great, but just a solid Western. Definitely worth watching. Also has extensive discussion thread in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ending was strange, but I enjoyed most of this flick. Which one was Luke Wilson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luke Wilson isn't in the movie, El D is slightly confused - the part of Charlie Prince is played by Ben Foster, in my opinion a totally sick actor (he's also the meth-addicted Nazy from Alpha Dog). (Ben Foster ). To say I wasn't impressed with it would be an understatement - awesome acting gone horribly to waste due to a terrible plot. Saw it with a friend and we were both pissed and wanted to shoot the director.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

uh yeah..Luke Wilson is in the movie. He's one of the "posse" along the railroad tracks

CharlieDontSurf 09-20-2007 06:34 PM

The Mist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP-MHO_M6ik

Based of off a Stephen King story

normally I'd write it off as lame horror movie except for this

written and directed by Frank Darabont
Shawshank, The Green Mile, etc