Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Fun w/ AJs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467049)

Justin A 08-03-2007 06:13 PM

Re: Fun w/ AJs

I think I could find a fold here. The cold call on the flop followed by the turn raise in rhythm is pretty much the nuts usually. So if I don't think the guy looks FOS I'd fold.

andyfox 08-03-2007 06:52 PM

Can you describe the FOS look? I'm serious here.

Justin A 08-03-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's when the guy brings out the chips at like 75 mph and then cuts out the stacks as quickly as possible. Of course it's different for everyone, but that's a common one.

Joe Tall 08-03-2007 09:04 PM

Sure smells like a set, when I'm playing very well, I can fold correctly. When I'm playing good, I call, and then fold the river. When I'm not playing that well, I insta-call down.

bigjoet 08-04-2007 04:27 AM

fold... he's got a set of 4's or 6's

drbk2 08-04-2007 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's when the guy brings out the chips at like 75 mph and then cuts out the stacks as quickly as possible. Of course it's different for everyone, but that's a common one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise every turn like that, regardless of my holding, but 95% of the time I have something I want to get called by since no one ever folds anything to me.

drbk2 08-04-2007 09:21 AM

Against most opponents, including ones I don't have a really good read on yet, I throw this away without much thought. I think a lot of you guys overestimate the trickiness of the typical mid limit player. Could a typical player have AcXc? Of course. Would this typical player be likely to raise the turn with this hand? No. I think you are looking at 666 here very often and sometimes A8s, and a very very small percentage of the time AcXc. Given the texture of the board and the way you played your hand, he probably knows you have a big ace and doesn't care. That's why I would fold, but I suck at poker so take it for what it's worth.

andyfox 08-04-2007 10:33 AM

Folding "without much thought" to a turn raise here will mean difficulty in beating 30-60 games and higher. Historically, you're right about the typical mid-limit player in Vegas not having much trickiness in him, but I don't know if that's the case any more.

drbk2 08-04-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding "without much thought" to a turn raise here will mean difficulty in beating 30-60 games and higher. Historically, you're right about the typical mid-limit player in Vegas not having much trickiness in him, but I don't know if that's the case any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, "without much thought" was probably bad wording. More like I would fold and not lose sleep over it. And my biggest weakness is calling down waaay too much.