Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Pooh-Bah post: Level 0 exploitation NLTRN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533212)

cwar 11-20-2007 04:17 AM

Re: Pooh-Bah post: Level 0 exploitation NLTRN

[ QUOTE ]
Well I found this thread really interesting.

I agree in most part with ChicagoRy and HokieGreg. Being myself one that applies a 'feeler strategy' on the first hands, and move on from there (specially at the low stakes with so many different players).

BUT, daveT have a great point that HE NEVER USED!?!?AAU&*&*#*?

What's MOST important knowing that stuff and how to push small edges from the very first hand is the TIME issue. If you can win a game 60% of the time on the first hand, or even 55%, it's just extraordinary! You can play 5 games like that while I'm still figuring out my villain. Obv that requires a lot of math and some database exploration to become acceptable but you get the idea. Would love to see what daveT come up with those (since my db isn't big enough by any means) and also what you guys think/experienced about hourly rate.

behold!

[/ QUOTE ]
Reread what you wrote and give it another try.

mb6tour 11-20-2007 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I found this thread really interesting.

I agree in most part with ChicagoRy and HokieGreg. Being myself one that applies a 'feeler strategy' on the first hands, and move on from there (specially at the low stakes with so many different players).

BUT, daveT have a great point that HE NEVER USED!?!?AAU&*&*#*?

What's MOST important knowing that stuff and how to push small edges from the very first hand is the TIME issue. If you can win a game 60% of the time on the first hand, or even 55%, it's just extraordinary! You can play 5 games like that while I'm still figuring out my villain. Obv that requires a lot of math and some database exploration to become acceptable but you get the idea. Would love to see what daveT come up with those (since my db isn't big enough by any means) and also what you guys think/experienced about hourly rate.

behold!

[/ QUOTE ]
Reread what you wrote and give it another try.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

cwar 11-20-2007 04:51 AM

Your post isnt readable.

HokieGreg 11-20-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your post isnt readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i second this motion

mb6tour 11-20-2007 10:16 AM

I said that a great point that shows how important is to know how to push small edges from the very first hand and not waiting to know your opponent better is the time you waste figuring villain out.

daveT 11-20-2007 04:51 PM

mb6tour, the foundation of this post is applying generalities to your opponents. The time issue has been talked about ad nauseum. If you read the entire thread, you will see that I write out a small sample that shows a 58% wr, although there was a large downswing.

daveT 11-20-2007 04:57 PM

After playing 500 (more or less) games since this post, I have obviously changed some of my thinking on this game.