Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Second chance vs Thorladen (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549257)

sketchy1 11-21-2007 10:39 PM

Re: Second chance vs Thorladen

as played i can't fold, even though i hate it. too much in pot, i don't rly think he's flatting here with AK. i dunno, maybe i am wrong. he prob has AA, KK, QQ, maybe JJ. so it's tough no matter what and i don't like any result.

how do you guys play this pre generally? i was in a similar spot in the super tuesday on stars with AK in 2nd pos v a somewhat loose opener w/ a similar stack size. i reraised like bond18 and got in most of my chips pre, only to shove on a random flop and get called by 99. i rly thought it was a horrendous play by the opener but probably just as bad on my part. in EP v a loose opener with around 22bb, is this a std shove?

MaverickUSC 11-22-2007 12:12 AM

Man this hand is just gross. I thought about this the whole drive from la to vegas and I think against thor it's a c/f. Any random it's an obvious shove.

This spot just suuuuuuuuucks.

I agree though that all of us are jamming it in this spot if we ever find ourselves in it.

Devo

timex 11-22-2007 12:48 AM

Why is it that people are discounting AK from his range? I think he has AK often enough here that folding is a big mistake.

Bakes 11-22-2007 02:06 AM

flatting with AK? hard to believe. whats he callin to hit or somethin?

timex 11-22-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flatting with AK? hard to believe. whats he callin to hit or somethin?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think his flatting range is?

Thor isn't stupid and I doubt hes calling here with like KK to induce action, since your calling a shove if you have like AJ, and there are so many flops you can fold on. *Maybe* hes slowplaying AA to induce a 3way pot, but in general, I think hes probably calling here with hands that he thinks aren't monster favorites against your range.

I'd say he has JJ-22 here more than he has AA, I think QQ is a very likely hand, but at the same time, theres 3 combos of QQ and 6 of AK +misclicks etc.

Bakes 11-22-2007 02:20 AM

he has a pair that is jacks or better. sometimes tens. stack sizes make it a push/fold with AK (like you said, he's not stupid) and i think he's either flatting with JJ/QQ to see what develops with the original raiser or flatting KK+ to induce more action. I don't think its that bad of a play.

Also, I dont think we are getting the right odds vs QQ+ AK with AJ if he were to cold shove. It seems close tho.

TimberBee 11-22-2007 01:07 PM

Why is noone suggesting a check and reeavluate? Is this terrible? It's not like he's 100% betting, plus we get to see MPs action before it's our turn.

In the heat, I probably shove though