Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FXI - China and market collapse (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518668)

DJSHAD0W 10-16-2007 12:02 AM

Re: FXI - China and market collapse

[ QUOTE ]
I just tried to short FXI and it says "Shares of this security are currently not available to short sell". Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

This might have something to do with the fact that the Shanghai stock exchange does not allow shortselling....AFAIK

DJSHAD0W 10-16-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sold FXI today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why exactly today? Why not a month ago at 140 or a year ago at 60 ?

lala 10-16-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just tried to short FXI and it says "Shares of this security are currently not available to short sell". Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

This might have something to do with the fact that the Shanghai stock exchange does not allow shortselling....AFAIK

[/ QUOTE ]

since this is an american ETF that doesn't apply. There just aren't enough shares to borrow with that broker.

kimchi 10-16-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to short this? Do you want to place a short-stop or are you going to short it at whatever price you can get?

What are your objectives, and how much risk are you exposing yourself with this trade? Also, what are you targets, if you have any?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-16-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I sold FXI today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why exactly today?

[/ QUOTE ]

because i think its overvalued and i don't feel like trying to guess when the bubble is going to pop.

pureCra2z 10-17-2007 12:23 PM

FXI up big today.
I wonder how the people's meeting will affect it.

Jimbo 10-17-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FXI up big today.
I wonder how the people's meeting will affect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "people's" do you mean Lebron James? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just heard he is in China today doing an exhibition game. Man he has a lot of endorsements!

Jimbo

Chris Daddy Cool 10-17-2007 01:38 PM

fxi is so sick right now. up 7+% today as of this post.

Badger 10-17-2007 04:44 PM

Wow, up 9.4% After work I'm going rock climbing with my buddy who makes his living trading this. I'm making him buy beer afterwards. Good beer.

ahnuld 10-17-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fxi is so sick right now. up 7+% today as of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

all chinese stocks went up today due to some news about the US shares being made convertible into Chinese/HK shares. I didnt pay close attention but this should make it easier for US investors to buy directly into chinese companies, hence the rise.