Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Describe the Lounge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536945)

katyseagull 11-02-2007 10:36 PM

Re: Describe the Lounge

[ QUOTE ]

The Lounge: Relaxed and polite discussion. A haven for like minded people who want to discuss arts, entertainment, the good life, good food, photography, current news and other items of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil that's pretty good!

MrWookie 11-02-2007 11:03 PM

Yeah, wow Phil. I might add "good drink" after "good food," but that's just because I'm an alcoholic. That's a great summary.

Edit: Oh, and we should hyphenate "like-minded" to appease the grammar nits.

Blarg 11-02-2007 11:30 PM

How about "Relaxed and polite discussion, frog exaggeration, *glaven*, and general Frinkery"?

daveT 11-02-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave, I wish you would start more threads. In fact, try to start 1 every other day, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Interesting, I just figured out three great thread ideas, this should take care of the next few week:

global warming, how to become the perfect mate, and dealing with an awkward coworker situation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The last, I can't say much about, but the first two should become a truly passionate debate.

Just start damn threads. They are all great ideas.

G1 Phil, that is a great summary.

Duke 11-03-2007 12:21 AM

England.

That should get the point across that everyone in here is absurdly polite (even by real life standards, not limited it to the internet).

Blarg 11-03-2007 12:48 AM

The more I think about it, the more simply "Relaxed and polite discussion" says everything that needs to be said. It's what makes us stand out the most, and anything extra subtracts rather than adds.

SoloAJ 11-03-2007 01:02 AM

Blarg, I like your idea, too. However, I think you need to imply that it isn't all entirely mundane pot-head topics.

diebitter 11-03-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
England.

That should get the point across that everyone in here is absurdly polite (even by real life standards, not limited it to the internet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, maybe it's because I'm English, but this I think the level of politeness here is normal rather than particularly high
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

R*R 11-03-2007 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
England.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, maybe it's because I'm English, but this I think the level of politeness here is normal rather than particularly high
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think politeness is relative to what you are used to. For example certain parts of the US are more polite than other parts. I find The Lounge to be comfortably cordial.

katyseagull 11-03-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I think about it, the more simply "Relaxed and polite discussion" says everything that needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the word "polite" might be a turnoff? I prefer the word "civil" myself.

Kind of agree with diebitter that we aren't overly polite on this forum. In fact in general the mods try not to overmoderate. If someone is testy or rude we will usually overlook it once or twice. I might say something on the board, that I prefer things to remain civil, but it's not like I ban anyone (well, just the one dude ). My observation is that the posters are mature enough to remain civil and when they don't some poster or mod jumps in to point it out.

How about "relaxed and meandering"? I like to meander.