Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars: Flip over your cards! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473952)

apefish 08-11-2007 06:58 AM

Re: Stars: Flip over your cards!

I play mostly PLO now so I just assume every card helps the opponent no matter what anyhow and it would be too convoluted trying to figure it out on the fly face up to matter.

If stars could implement a "show players dealt into the hand only" feature I'd be more on board. There are times I dislike having to go back and look to make a note on the opponent, but I don't think the rail should get the same benefit.

Yeti 08-11-2007 01:29 PM

railbirds and dataminers shouldn't be able to see mucked hands. that's all there is too it really.

Thoth 08-11-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you have suspense with ingnorance (ignorance of your opponent's cards)? To me, all-ins are quite silly not knowing what the other player has. Much more fun to know what you're up against. The board cards don't mean anything otherwise until they ship the chips one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plenty of suspense, just sometimes wrong.

Hand I had last week, getting it in with 88 on an 843 2 diamond board.

Turn diamond
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

River 4
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Pot slides to opponent with 44
&*&&&&&&&&**** ****

justaPlayer 08-11-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
amazingly, not everyone knows that you can see mucked hands in the HH

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazingly, I do not know how to do it. Please edify me.

whangarei 08-11-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP shows, and there are probably even more idiot calls there then are on stars, I really think the instant gratification a caller gets on picking off bluffs encourages looser calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, fish like the gamboool. There's not much gambooling excitement the way it is now. It's like picking your horse in a race, closing your eyes, then 2 minutes later they tell you if you won or not. Not nearly as much excitement as watching your horse run around the track.

Stake Monster 08-11-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flip the dang cards over already.

[/ QUOTE ]

ICMoney 08-11-2007 11:09 PM

I play on both Stars and Full.

I love Tilt's method better.
More fun and you can advertise your pushes with combo draws.

The fish not involved in the hand will never see the bluffs by reading Star's text hand history window.

youngKR 08-13-2007 04:00 AM

Flip the cards please!

I go into heart attack mode every time I'm all in. At least showing the cards I know where I stand in the hand.

twoblacknines 08-13-2007 04:27 AM

Seeing the cards flip up gives it more of that tourney feel and definately increases the gamble. And like someone else said so much easier to advertise bluffs or light calldowns.

Not to mention the life expectancy I will gain from not having near heart attacks when flushes hit in $1000+ pots.

Flip the [censored] cards stars!