Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50nl, I has a set! sigh i suck? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532475)

Snozynoze 10-27-2007 05:12 PM

Re: 50nl, I has a set! sigh i suck?

Why did we slow down after raising preflop?

If these guys are the donks you say, are they really going to fold on the flop?

DickieBets 10-29-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I didn't calculate the stacks right. Shove is definitely best now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit. I'm missing something. Is the shove advised here because we're thinking that they don't have a flush draw after cold calling the turn like that ?

I'm so used to people chasing draws at micro stakes - that I always fear flushes especially with two other players in.

ShipitFMA 10-29-2007 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep I didn't calculate the stacks right. Shove is definitely best now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit. I'm missing something. Is the shove advised here because we're thinking that they don't have a flush draw after cold calling the turn like that ?

I'm so used to people chasing draws at micro stakes - that I always fear flushes especially with two other players in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, if we decide we're calling a river bet when alot of the time its better the shove because worse hands won't generally bet the river, but worse hands will certainly call a river bet.

So by shoving, or betting close to a shove we're getting worse hands to call, depsite getting called by better hands a portion of the time. Which in the long run will add up as we were already going to be paying off better hands

DickieBets 10-29-2007 12:08 PM

OK - That makes sense, but...

Why were you not afraid of the flush here, though ? I still don't get that ?

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK - That makes sense, but...

Why were you not afraid of the flush here, though ? I still don't get that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just that flushes make up such a small part of the cold-callers range, and it's unlikely that when the first opponent checks that he has a flush.

IlPug 10-29-2007 01:54 PM

little OT, but i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6max. i LOL when i play live and it gets shorthanded, at low levels they play even worse than me!

WhiteWolf 10-29-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why the flop chekc is that bad, no turn cards really hurt us...

[/ QUOTE ]
You just flopped a monster, you want to build a pot. It's easier to do that with moderate bets on all three streets than it is with bigger bets on just two.

kurto 10-29-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why the flop chekc is that bad, no turn cards really hurt us:

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know that no card hurts you. You realize that any 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 or 10 can make a possible straight?

Or a better set?

More importantly, you want to stack people. Its quite rare that you'll have opponents this foolish who will get their entire stack in with top pair crappy kicker -- having two in the same hand is even rarer. Quite often to stack someone it might take 3 streets of betting.