Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

DukeSucks 11-05-2007 03:35 PM

Re: ~What

Haven't seen this posted here yet, but southpark will be about GH this week.

link

gusmahler 11-05-2007 06:14 PM

GT1T alluded to the note charts being available. Here's a link to them:

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/

(The link also provides the "optimum" activation points for all the songs in GH1, GH2, and GH2: 80s. He hasn't provided those points for GH3, I think because he wants people to figure them out for themselves, before using his program to determine them.)

blackize 11-05-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well I bought the game on Saturday and zoomed through easy except for Raining Blood which was not fun. I guess I can defend my ineptitude by pointing out I've never played any GH until this one. So I started medium difficulty last night and now I'm really wishing I hadnt bothered with easy because I'm now fighting the muscle memory of having to use just 3 frets. Definitely pissing me off but I guess I cant expect too much since I just learned how to play this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem. It's even worse on hard, but being successful is so much more satisfying.

This is like a completely different game as you step up each notch in difficulty which I think is really cool.

blackize 11-05-2007 06:20 PM

I played online on the Wii a couple nights ago and there was 1 extra song for each venue that I hadn't seen before. How do I unlock those in the offline modes, without using unlock all of course?

Number27 11-05-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played online on the Wii a couple nights ago and there was 1 extra song for each venue that I hadn't seen before. How do I unlock those in the offline modes, without using unlock all of course?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are probably the encores for the co-op career. You have to play through the game with a friend to unlock them. You can also use the 'unlock everything' cheat.

Sooga 11-05-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well I bought the game on Saturday and zoomed through easy except for Raining Blood which was not fun. I guess I can defend my ineptitude by pointing out I've never played any GH until this one. So I started medium difficulty last night and now I'm really wishing I hadnt bothered with easy because I'm now fighting the muscle memory of having to use just 3 frets. Definitely pissing me off but I guess I cant expect too much since I just learned how to play this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem. It's even worse on hard, but being successful is so much more satisfying.

This is like a completely different game as you step up each notch in difficulty which I think is really cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea man, I blew through Easy the first night I got it, and I spent the last week getting through Medium. I'm hitting a wall now, though.... I can 5-* all but 2 or 3 of the Mediums, but I can't get anything above a 3-* on any of the hards. Argh this is so frustrating.

furyshade 11-05-2007 07:20 PM

the last tier is killing me on hard, any tips for getting through these death metal songs?

kyro 11-05-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the last tier is killing me on hard, any tips for getting through these death metal songs?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll never pass Raining Blood. Just give it up.

TimTimSalabim 11-05-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice, practice, practice. Fortunately, Practice Mode is more fun than it used to be. Although it annoys me that it doesn't remember your speed setting.

Grue 11-05-2007 08:36 PM

how is practice mode any more fun exactly? Haven't noticed. Pretty sure I'm addicted to hyperspeed. I'm now playing hard on HS4 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]